Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Multiple email contacts on Platinum 7

Kila
1: Seeker
I have a Platinum 7, Android 6.0.1. My Contacts show single, non-duplicated entries. However, when I go to reply to an email and press add a contact, I get triplicated (at least) entries for every contact, 3 for each email address I have entered for the contact. There are no options that I can see to control where the contacts list is pulled from. Can anyone help me identify where these extra instances are coming from? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

Do you mean that adding the contact from the email produces multiple entries in the contact list or that the email itself has multiple entries for the reply address?

There are various possibilities.

1. A glitch in the email app.   The solution to that is to try an alternative - have a look in the Play Store (or someone else here may be able to recommend one).

2. Strained rescoures on the device.   Clear recent apps and also go into Settings|Storage and clear the system cache from there.

I assume you're using the stock email app that comes with the device (icon is usually an envelope with @ on it), as opposed to a dedicated one for the service you're using, if it has one.   In my case, that would be Gmail.

Hi,

To clarify, it is the stock email app (envelope with letter in it, for exchange email. I have to use that for corporate email, and the resources are okay, I have restarted and cleared the cache.

The triplications appear when I try to reply to an email - by pressing the +contact icon to add an address from my contact list, the list shown has the extra entries, so they are not coming from the email itself.

It may be that each is coming from the accounts (google /Exchange/imap), in which case the question would be "how can I remove the contacts from two of the accounts, without stopping them working?"

Thanks

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Kila I've not got a Platinum 7 to hand but I've had a quick look on a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 and can't see any settings within the contacts.

Are you sure the contacts aren't saved on each email account separately? If this is the case you'd need to delete them from the email account.

hrym

I've never used Exchange, so I'm not familiar with its ins and outs.   Have a look at this thread as there are suggestions for alternative email apps that may help, including the official MS Outlook one.

Edited to add: if the problem persists, then what Sukhi suggests may well be the case.