Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app doesn't work following Nougat upgrade

aadshead
4: Newbie
I've just upgraded my Nexus 5X to Android 7 Nougat and since the upgrade I can't get the My Vodafone app to work.

I get a couple of seconds of splash screen then a page with a message saying "We're having a few technical difficulties at the moment. We're working hard to get things sorted." Underneath is a big 'retry' button.

I've tried clearing cache, resetting the app and uninstall/reinstall but none of these change anything.

Any similar experiences
81 REPLIES 81

Roygask
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
App still does not seem to work with android 7. I have a nexus 6P. When will the issue be addressed?

sdvl80
3: Seeker

Just to add to the conversation, I can report that the My Vodafone app does NOT work on the new Google Pixel (purchased SIM-Free via Google Store or Carphone Warehouse), which currently runs Android 7.1.

Supposedly as a further side effect of the Vodafone app not working, the Google Pixel currently do not get the Virgin Wi-fi service in the London Underground.

Vodafone, please it is really time to update the Vodafone app (Android 7.0 has been out since 22 August 2016!!)

Thank you

I have the exact same issue, Google Pixel with Nougat = WiFi on tube no longer works and My Vodafone app is broken. :Sad_face:

Please fix!

Dear Sarah,

In your recent post, you say (Quote): "As not all handsets will have this update yet our App is not updated for this Android update".

Does that mean that Vodafone plans to update the app only when ALL handsets will have received the Android 7 update? Or is Vodafone waiting for a "qualified" majority of handsets to receive the update? Can you clarify which one it is? 

It would be great if you could kindly provide an expected timeframe for the update, as this is adversely affecting the experience of many Vodafone customers.

Many thanks 

PW80805
Agreed, 2 months is an absolute joke!!

bobpullen
8: Helper
8: Helper
Can also confirm the same problem exists with a Pixel.

PW80805
Android N has been out for 2 months. When will app work?? Also pls educate your chat and Twitter staff as they are sadly clueless as to the cause and timeframes for a fix.

PW80805
So Sarah. Pls tell all you staff so that others don't waste time as we have trying to get a decent answer out of your company. BTW still don't agree with your stance, pretty useless position IMHO.

melonman
Hi Sarah

Were there not developer previews of Android 7 to enable app developers to be ready for nougat?
It's not as if making the My Vodafone app nougat ready would necessarily render it unusable for Android M or earlier versions of Android.

I believe someone has already mentioned that you have sim only customers using handsets running nougat, has this not been given any thought?

Of all the 122 apps on my phone (Nexus 6p running Android 7.0) yours is the only one not working.

There really is no excuse for the My Vodafone app not to be Nougat ready, this is poor for a company the size of Vodafone.

Hello 

I'm afraid we have no further news on this at the moment but rest assured our team will be working hard to roll out the next update as quickly as possible. 

Louise