Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

This happened last time and it took over a year for me to login to the my Vodafone app 

What I didn't realise his that as you have made loads of changes to the app and I put it down to that 

I spent over an hour talking to an advisor who was brilliant but now some one has not only changed my pin but my username now as well 

Nobody has access to my phone I live on my own and I don't even let any one use it 

But I haven't got the time to fill a form in tell them my problems and go through all the steps I've tried on the phone and today I uninstalled and reinstalled 

Even the advisor said something is not right 

I'm not going to print what been said about my account as it would be unfair but saying I'm doing it wrong when everything else regarding  logging in to apps or sites I have no issue I have to login here to write this 

And I'm not resetting my device for me to back up load  up use what's left of my data and end up more stressed than I am and no better off just a bigger head ache.

I am doing this with respect. 

And then you get a notification that they are going to ring well If I  can't take that call  the advisor who is calling the 2 different calls that it happened I couldn't accept a phone call they never phone back after explaining either working or in a meeting and saying they would the only one who kept there word was one of the girls of here who was brilliant,

Some one must of changed my details because my device warns  me of changes of password and I've had none and apart from a few minor issues I can login to any thing other than my Vodafone app

I tried Spotify and a few other sites that are  safe because I always check the site security details in the pull down bar 

If I had to fill in another form to get nowhere will cause stress I can do without I have stated there is something not right on here a few times and I know some think surely one person can not have all them issues with one device 

Well yes they can and I have and more and as I have said before my device has never been the same since it failed to install nougat 

And froze and went for repair 

And got a leaflet saying I had too many apps well my device was 2 weeks old did not need a repair why wipe all my data and install nougat.

the only app I had at the time was a guitar tuner and now I have a total of 6 installed apps.

I had a long history of problems with my last device about Spotify charges And have to phone up every month 

Yes Vodafone gave me some goodwill gestures but as much as I appreciate all I want is my device to function like it should  that this is the first time I need to go and lie down due to a tension headache.

And regarding a previous thread justifying permissions I have reinstalled it and now it want to  excess  data usage it wants my screenshots camera access and a couple of others it seemed to manage fine without but why it needs access to my pictures screenshots and data files makes me wonder 

Because Vodafone start grants itself every permission you can think of all you have to do is press the 3 dots so even if you deny it it is going to access it any way 

And from what I can see it's all us with branded phones seem to have the most functionality issues 

And then filling in the form and getting it sent off is a whole task in itself and I haven't got the patience for some one to tell me I'm doing it wrong 

Last time I went in the shop and let them do it and I ended up getting charged twice a month but that was regarding Spotify which got sorted eventually and that's when I found out about my account 

Sorry for the rant but I've ready made a fool of myself on here trying to resolve problems as everyone knows unless you get the right person on 191 you might as well stare at a wall for an hour 

Sorry but that's how I feel 

Yet when I miss a payment cause my bill is wrong not only do I get a phone call but I get a hit which as my bill was more often than not wrong and if you add the Spotify problem it was wrong for 18 months 

So I don't know what to do but I have made it aware so all the details are already there 

And having to resort to this is soul destroying

As if i am just sat here thinking of what I can moan at next 

That's how it's making me feel humiliated but I have to do it so I've made it aware

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You've certainly had your share of various issues @SKYMAN513  :Sad_face:

May I ask are you still able to access your MyVodafone via the online route ?

It's certainly a real shame that your experiences with your Samsung s7 edge has been marred by the problems I've seen you post and engaged on some of them with you. 

The phone itself is a powerful tool with a vast array of features that are useful and the hardware and software imo is jaw dropping talking from my own experience with it which is why I personally stuck with Sammy and chose the Samsung Galaxy s8. 

If this was my situation with the phone I'd be more prone to visiting my most local Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location as they'll know about their hardware and software better than elsewhere. 

In regards to the MyVodafone App the generic tips are to clear the app data and cache, then delete from your play store app list and then re download it. If after that it's not working then that would lead me more to an account issue which Vodafone Customer Services would have the required access. I appreciate that you've tried this route previously. 

The Social Media Team here I'm sure would try to help too. 

Try not to get too stressed out my friend over this as it's all too easy to get down and start to lose confidence in the product and services. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers

You've certainly had your share of various issues @SKYMAN513  :Sad_face:

May I ask are you still able to access your MyVodafone via the online route ?

It's certainly a real shame that your experiences with your Samsung s7 edge has been marred by the problems I've seen you post and engaged on some of them with you. 

The phone itself is a powerful tool with a vast array of features that are useful and the hardware and software imo is jaw dropping talking from my own experience with it which is why I personally stuck with Sammy and chose the Samsung Galaxy s8. 

If this was my situation with the phone I'd be more prone to visiting my most local Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location as they'll know about their hardware and software better than elsewhere. 

In regards to the MyVodafone App the generic tips are to clear the app data and cache, then delete from your play store app list and then re download it. If after that it's not working then that would lead me more to an account issue which Vodafone Customer Services would have the required access. I appreciate that you've tried this route previously. 

The Social Media Team here I'm sure would try to help too. 

Try not to get too stressed out my friend over this as it's all too easy to get down and start to lose confidence in the product and services. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes thanks for understanding but I would of thought that if I was posting false info about my issues Vodafone would of warned me about posting bull 

Your also right about the device is and still a highly desirable phone and as I e3have a gear fit 2 and I know you indulged in a smart watch even enhances the experience more 

But every issue I have posted I have posted when I have been unable to do it myself but as I have said it does make you look like a fool seemingly winging at the first minute but it's not that way I'll search here and search the web and if I'm 100% I'm at no risk to warranty or device then I'll try it when I have doubt I'll run it past you guys who have all chipped in in some way 

Just to add everything I have posted is true provable as I've learnt evidence is everything 

And that goes for all the things I haven't posted 

But I appreciate your understanding 

Regarding the Samsung I contacted them via live chat took a while and got through he couldn't solve my issues and give me a booking for 3 weeks ago this Friday for a remote booking  waited between 3 and 5 so I have archived the transcript .

before that I waited at least 2 weeks on there forum as they said they were escalating the problem and then got told to factory reset 

It was more than 2 weeks but I'm giving leeway as I'm not 100% about the wait and  then a few days ago they are looking into my problem but to assist them further they need more info But I had already given it tmwtgdm via live chat and a previous email

If some one told me all this the whole story I would find it hard to believe myself but it is  

Thanks again 

And sorry for sounding like a winging child 

But I was out of options and phoning up twice a month some times gets too you after 2 years of problems

Sorry I missd an answer eating my tea I will try again but whilst on the phone to the advisor that was one thing I could do as I downloaded my bill but I will try again and update 

Thanks for all  your time advise and understanding and knowledge over the last few months and the other guys who have gave advice I couldn't of got any were else I could trust

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @SKYMAN513, I can see that you've recently contacted our team and can confirm that we've received your latest email. 

We'll be in touch to help as soon as possible regarding this. Should you have any further queries, please respond to the latest email that you'll receive from our team and we can take a closer look into this.

Please also keep us updated here and we'll be happy to help.

SKYMAN513

Synchronicity 

That's the only way I can explain what has happened I've just posted a thread success at last 

I've spent all day trying no exaggeration and managed to get on the site 

The bizarre thing is it said we will send you a code but I had to agree to two terms one was any one who uses this device can see my details and I've seen that many passwords today I've forgotten the other one but I've took screen shots all the way if any one want to see them for help or whatever

Why couldn't it of just said that when I first encountered this problem 

Any way I can log in now but I've just realised I've not done it again yet and knowing what that took there is no way I would go through all that 

There is a bit more detail in the other thread I just posted before this 

SKYMAN513

I've Conquered the my Vodafone login app but it has literally taken me all day and the only major thing was I learned what was junk that clearing the cache partition didn't remove I think they were the dump logs any way clearing all that and carefully reading up before and only deleting what was left over files that device maintenance wouldn't clear

I don't think I'll have the patience to do it again but Ive taken screen shots and it still took a few goes saying wrong username and password but I first managed to get on the site version and that was a job itself 

Me and the brilliant guy spent about an hour about a week ago trying all different ways and with no  success

But I've done it 

And it wasn't through spelling mistakes or wrong upper or lower case 

Every time I have had to change password they are always the same case any how

I Believe it was one of the files I deleted from when the app changed recently or I am going to take note of which account I have used,as I have a few 

Just in case it was affected by that but as I'm typing I remember trying that and thinking 

Well this is going to take a while

Most people wouldn't of bothered but my personality hates defeat and I won't lie down 

So sorry for all the winging but if I added up the hours Ive spent on this I would probably have a coronary

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm glad to hear you've got this sorted @SKYMAN513 :smileyhappy: 

Should you need any further assistance with your app or have any queries in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!

SKYMAN513

Thanks for keeping by eye on the  thread and  much appreciated 

SKYMAN513

Spoke too soon ha I'm giving in on this one not only can I not log in but it has wiped every single password from all my apps,

sites emails this forum and everything that needs a password has gone 

But I'll do as I use them otherwise I'll be here all night 

Since 6 this morning I've been at it as I needed access to my previous bills that I couldn't get for all the time I couldn't log in 

Well I'm going sitting under the stars tonight fishing before I explode I'm wandering wether to take my graphite match rod and Mitchell match vintage reel the auto cast one or a rocket launcher 

That's a joke by the way if I don't make light of this I'll crack up