Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NO 4G on Samsung S7 Edge

elkopite
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, my Samsung S7 edge has never had 4g whilst using Vodafone, all I get is H+ and After countless hours on the phone to Vodafone tech going through every possible fix and a couple of hours in store, a new SIM, and a trip to the Samsung store as advised by vodafone where, might I add Samsung put in a giffgaff SIM and my phone suddenly displays 4g, oh and then Vodafone wiping my phone and losing all of my data, then sending my phone away for 10 days, only to come back still with no 4g... I've even tried typing in APN settings manually and still no 4g. Please help

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @elkopite

From Samsung's process of elimination by inserting the alternative Networks SIM to which 4G was attained this rules out the phone hardware. 

Can I ask what Apn settings you've inputted manually ? 

I use the ones in Geek squad in > http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings

Or text WEB to 40127. 

If they look ok then as another process of elimination can you insert your sim card in another phone. 

I have seen where people have had issues attaining 4G while abroad which looks to.be account based. I would think your problem if account based would need to be escalated to a Super User who can reset / flush out your accou t. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @elkopite

At a risk of stating the obvious, the phone needs to be set up for 4G (LTE) in the network settings.  If you go onto mobile networks and do a network search, you need to select LTE.

If the phone came direct from Vodafone, the settings will already be correctly preinstalled.  The phone would also be locked to the network,  and would reject a SIM from an alternative network.

If the store have not tried a replacement SIM, it might be an idea to ask a store to do a SIM swap, this would narrow it down to a fault with the SIM.

There is further information on 4G on the link below with a link to check that the service is available in your area.

Vodafone 4G