Solution

Netflix problem every 4min

tman101
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ising latest Android netflix client from play store 
got stable connection 4g etc

been using it for 1 year no problems but starting issues on 24th June 2017
perfect picture but after approx 4 min it always stops video and circle red ring spinning in middle and does not go. I have to back out and continue to watch.  happens all time now on all videos only when on 4G. 

I have 4gb free on device storage

32 REPLIES 32

hrym
17: Community Champion

Do you have issues with any other streaming services - eg You Tube, iPlayer?   If not, that would tend to rule out the connection.  Do you know if this started after an app update?

Sometimes a simple restart of the phone will clear odd problems.   If not, go into Settings|Apps then (I think) Storage and look for Force Stop, Clear Cache and Clear Data.   Hit all these.   Clearing data will log you out of the app and delete any settings, so make sure you know what these are first.   If there's anything within the app's own cache that's causing the problem, that should sort it.

I experienced something very similar with Chromecast and iPlayer on my home wifi a few months back.   Nothing would sort it and it didn't seem to be the internet connection.  I gave it best and it cleared itself after a few weeks - there may have been some app updates within that time.

yes I tries a delete reinstall clearer all the cache etc and it's only Netflix 

I don't want to resort in doing a system factor reset 

and I not sure if this started after an update or not it was on Saturday this started 24th June

please help driving me crazy

hrym

If it's only Netflix, that sounds like an app issue.  Is this on wifi, mobile data or both?   Does it happen in all locations?

Wi-Fi is fine issue is just 4g all locations . and it has strong coverage uses to work fine on 4g

hrym

Just to be clear, You Tube, iPlayer etc are all OK on 4G?

yea issue is Netflix only

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tman101 - As this issue only occurs with Netflix, you’ll need to contact them directly for further help with this.

Do let us know how you get on though, in case anyone else in the Community experiences the same problem. :Smiling:

It's only Netflix and only on Vodafone. Is fine on Ee. 

I went to Netflix support 

but as it only happens on 4g they told me to speak to Vodafone