Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlocking Code (NUC)

batesd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

First of all I would like to highlight how ridiculous the customer service is as I have now had my unlock request with you for 40 days. I have contacted you serval times tried to escalate and been promised numerous times that a manager will contact we back with no success which is why I’m posting this last ditch attempt before sending an e-mail direct to the CEO Vodafone as I feel he needs to know how bad you are letting your customers down. Background so far:-

• Call log online to request unlock code 20/2/15
  • Default email received it could take 7-10 days unless contact manufacture
  • Waiting as instructed only to reive an e-mail saying already unlocked which it wasn’t that’s why I logged the request ( couldn’t believe this response)
  • Contacted NUC team to advice it not unlocked already as I would not have logged a request in the first place
  • Waited again to receive this email below which I had to post because it’s a total joke I paid Vodafone for a service and they advise me to go to Samsung

Hi Darren,

Thank you for writing.

Kindly try to unlock the handset by entering "xxxxxxxxx"

If the above does not work, then, you need to contact Samsung customer care directly.

Regards

Arjun (surname removed for security)

Vodafone Unlocking Team

since then I have tried to escalate several times, been promised phone back from managers and even been hung up on because they couldn’t help. I need this resolved ASAP and feel compensation is in order due to the way you have handle this issue. Can someone from the NUC team please contact me to resolve as currently I’m in the process of writing to watchdog etc... to express my concerns on this service and the customer part should be left out as your clearing not putting us first.

I look forwarding to response

Rgds

Darren

22 REPLIES 22

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm not clear whether you've received the unlock code or not.   There have been reports of delays in their being supplied by Samsung, though also of that backlog being cleared.

It sounds as though the message from Arjun includes a code.  Did you use that and did it work?  If not, did you speak to Samsung as suggested?  Going direct to them would cut out an intervening stage and should get you an answer more quickly.   Contact details should be on the Support tab of the UK website.

No i have not been given an unlock code that's work, i'm still waiting for a manager to phone me back as they have a 72hr sla to response ( not what i would call escaltion). I need someone to provide me with an unlock code that works. I also went to samsung which have a great customer service and i was able to speak to a manager straight away who informed that is was my network provider that need to provide the unlock.

Could i please ask you to resolve my issue and stop pointing me to go through erd parties and troubleshoot the issue when i paid vodafone for a service which should be straight for.

I would like someone to contact me from the NUC team that can resolve my issue. Also regarding delay i havent been told of any delay just that my phone was already unlock which it wasnt and had to wait 16 days for that ridiculous response. The next suggested was a default code which didnt work and then trying to pass the buck to samsung after vodafone has taken money to provide a service.

Come on get your act together and please contact me to resolve

hrym

While you're waiting for that, you could contact Samsung and see if they can resolve the issue directly with you.   Just a thought.   Or you could wait for Vodafone to contact you, then for them contact Samsung and get an answer and then relay that answer back to you.

Hrym are you reading my post or just building up responses to post as i have stated above i have already contact samsung who informed me that the network provider need to provide the unlock code. Also vodaphone have contact samsung twice apparently and the first response was my phone is already unlock which is stupid as when you fill in the request it part of the must check or whats the point of paying for the service ( must just like throwing money away). The second time was they cant help me to try a stupid default code and contact samsung myself which I DID and they said that is the network provide. Please can an expert from the team help.

Really Really fedup with stupid responses, i know people try to be helpful but it does help when you frustrated and just want to speak to the right person that can help

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @batesd 

I think it's best we take a closer look at this. Please reply to the private message so that we can help further.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi I have filled in the request as instructed could you please escalate it and give it some priority considering the history behind my issue and how long i have been waiting.

rgds

Darren

Darren,

Vodafone doesn't really care if your phone gets unlocked or not. I have been on these for weeks. The last person i spoke to today sent me an email and asked me to enter a code in these format #xxxxxxx*xxx*NUC#. That didn't work either.

And Samsung won't deal with me directly.

If you find a solution kindly share on here please.

Thanks

K

will do if i ever get one, currently waiting on tech team contacting me to assist.

Sukhi, Could you please reply as i have filled in the details request and yet again no reply within the sla. Seems like vodafone cant keep thier promises regarding phone backs, escalation or simple e-mail replays. This is beyound a joke and seems to be the norm when it comes to your customer service, it simples fails to deliver for the customer.

I have recommend all family members and friends to ditch vodafone and look at other providers and i would urge anyone reading this to do the same.

Vodafone can some contact me ASAP to resolve you need to address the issue