Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Firmware Update

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

There is a New Firmware update

Thanks for telling us Vodafone (No change there)

Now don't get to excited its a Bug fix Rom rolled out by Samsung so no Factory reset should be needed

unless your phone starts behaving funny (Third party app issues)

the Rom is still 4.4.2

PDA: G900FXXU1ANG2

CSC: G900FVFG1ANG2

MODEM: G900FXXU1ANG2

Added: 2014-07-22

so whats new well the Finger print scanner is better less false pic ups

there has been memory tweeks and when in battery saver mode it shows a icon telling you its on

*** Be aware that you will get a warning saying you have swopped your sim ***

this is because they have tweak the modem driver

also it will install all the Vodafone Bloatware including the updates app which yet again seems to be not working

But the Big improvement is in the camera App there now is a option to set what he volume button does, were as before it just took a pic now it can take a pic or Video or set to Zoom

as for what else is on we will have to figure this out, Vodafone does no but chooses not to tell the eforum team for some stupid reason

The department that tests this gets a change log so they no what to test

for use its handy to no what in genaral has changed so we can choose to upgrade or not

****Remember to make sure you have done a back up and when using kies Leave this plugged in until it's updated and rebooted ****

20 REPLIES 20

Ok I have that same code. I had read on gsmarena that they were pushing 2 updates. The fingerprint reader seems a lot better since since this update and standy battery is much more efficient!

jebziggy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

... I notice that I now have 'Power Saving Mode' icon in my top notifactions tab, is there a way for it not to be shown without turning it off?

Thanks

If you swipe down with two fingers instead of one you see all the options available and there is a pen icon at the to allow you to edit what shows up in Active Buttons.  You can select your favorite most useful 10.

...not the drop down menu but at the top as in this screen shot. 

Screenshot_2014-07-29-09-32-11-1.png

cyberdyne_s
4: Newbie
That's a great tip about the two finger swipe!

Northern-dj
There is only one update gsmarena some times get things wrong O2 have only received one update as well
Samsung confirmed this morning that there is only one update and it's via kies only
The double finger is not new but still a good tip I have asked if there is a way to turn the icon off.
Can't see the point as you have to put your phone in to battery saver mode so you no its on
I would of thought a more useful option would be a auto battery save option that when your phone gets to 20% it automatically comes on

Do you know what Plugin: SAMSUNG v2.0 is ?   I have only come accross this sine the upgrade but have no idea what it is ?

Northern-dj

Are yep i have seen that its

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rsupport.rsperm.aa.second&hl=en

its so samsung can take control of your phone if you report a issue

it works like Log me in does they have had to do some app updates and you will find after a update they update the app 

it can be removed and dissabled with no issues

Installed this update earlier. Got a couple of error messages after the update competed. Then I noticed it killed my SD card and I had to reformat. Gutted.  

Northern-dj

Errors ??? that sounds like a third party app messing around

this is the first one reporting errors

with this i would of done a factory wipe before wiping the SD