cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

News : Samsung Galaxy S8: Rumours, leaks, specs & launch.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Source : MobileChoice.

Link > Samsung-galaxy-s8-rumours-leaks-specs--launch.

'Samsung Galaxy S8: Rumours, leaks, specs & launch'

Excerpt from the Link "Samsung has turned into an industry leader when it comes to manufacturing smartphone processors, and now it has become highly likely that the company may use next-gen 10mm chips in the Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge phones launching early next year.

Samsung's next-gen 10nm Exynos processor will be armed with an advanced Mali-G71 GPU from ARM.

New Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 may arrive wiith dual rear cameras and added zooming capabilities."

IMG_0688.JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

13 REPLIES 13

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
Source Samsung news.com, this new feature will released on the s8 it's called bixby some think to rival Google assistant and siri

https://news.samsung.com/global/bixby-a-new-way-to-interact-with-your-phone

:robotmad:

Stevie1
Hi BandOfBrothers,

I am very tempted to get the S8+ but as l normally buy my phones as l like them unlocked and unbranded/sim free and can't really afford to get another phone at the moment l will stick with my S7 Edge for awhile longer it's a great phone and l have only had it about 6 months and normally keep them for about a year or so before l change them away.

BandOfBrothers

Hey @Stevie1

That's my choice too to buy unbranded - sim free - unlocked. 

However this time round I made a slight error as I bought from my local Samsung Experience Store which is really Cpw.

So I ended up with an Unbranded Sim Free s7 edge but with a CsC Code that isn't the first to get updates. Mine is XEU and it's Btu thst gets the updates which are phones typically supplied Direct by samsung. Something I know you are aware of.  :Smiling:

Even though Samsung have taken over these Experience Stores I'm not confident of getting the CsC coded phone I want as the staff in that shop said it'll be a 50/50 joint adventure. 

So this time it's going to be ordered Direct from the Samsung Online Store.  :Winking_smiley:

As for my next model it's going to be one of the s8 models or I may wait and see what September brings in the way of a Note 8. 

I normally wait and watch and try demo models when a new phone I'm interested in is released to try and make sure it's not a lemon before investing in it.

So really from the launch in April for the s8 I wouldn't purchase until September anyway so I'll be able to compare the models and invest in one. 

I've had my s7 edge for 5 months and it's a really good phone.

I typically save a set amount of cash each month which sits in a high interest online bank account so the funds are there when it's time. I also sell my current phone sometimes to go towards the next phone.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Stevie1
Hi BandOfBrothers,

Your not the only one to make that error mate l did as well l got my S7 Edge from cpw as well and came with the same XEU CSC but l flashed the BTU CSC onto it a while ago and got the update to 7.0 a bit quicker but my security patch is still on jan1 lost volte, but still have 4g and LTE.

Download the new version of the XEU CSC last night as the security patch is newer l think it's on Feb1 while the BTU is still on Jan1.