Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Unlock Prompt for LG G4 [LG-H815]

Wenger786
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I BOUGHT THE PHONE ON DECEMBER 2015 AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE IT.

The (PAYG) SIM that Voda salesman "forced" me to buy for £10 expired. And misplaced.

I managed to get an unlock code from Voda NUC, but their procedure failed to get a prompt:

1. Switch Phone off

2. Put a non-VF Sim card in

3. Switch Phone on

4. Enter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. Phone now unlocked

Now the VF sim I have has no credit. Is that the issue? Will I need to pay for a new sim/credit?

I called Voda and that said take it to the shop - but the shop staff are even more in the dark IMHO.

Help! Please!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The other networks sim card your using- is it activated which should then invoke the pop up box. The only exception is the iPhone which does not unlock via an unlock code. 

To latch the phones imei number to Vodafones systems a simple card on payg has to be used to make calls and send texts and use data for at least 30days. 

Any Vodafone store can supply you a payg sim and then you'd need to use it for the 30 days and then request unlock. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

As far as I'm aware, all phones bought from networks come with an obligatory top-up and are usually cheaper than SIM-free sellers by an equivalent amount.

As Lee says, it's essential to use the phone on the Vodafone network for 30 days in order to be able to unlock it.  Buy another top-up and use the phone, but also request another NUC.   I have a feeling they expire and that the one you have may no longer work.   (I may be wrong about that, but you don't want to find out too late :smileysad:)