Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No phone calls

Spear_3108
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Both the wife and I have galaxy s7 and s7 edge people are ringing us but there is nothing happening on the handsets however it is not every call we get no text saying you have missed a call and no answer phone message the person that rings says it just rings no answer phone. I have had this esculated to higher tech and was told fix in 3 to 5 working days left it a week rang and they now saying they will be in contact when it's fixed with no eta I have advised that they have 14 days to repair this or they can cancel the contracts any advise would be great.

Sorry forgot to say both phones sent away mine no fault and lost my wife's however problem still happened on loan phones done a SIM swap on both handsets aswell

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Spear_3108

I can certainly understand why you'd not be happy at the situation !

Has anything happened recently such as an Upgrade / account change ?

May I ask  > does this issue happen everywhere or in your Home area ?

By trying other phones and replacing the SIM card(s) you have performed a good process of elimination to rule out the devices. 

I note you've already spoken to Customer Services about this problem.

What have customer services advised to what they believe the issue is which I'm assuming maybe Account based ?

Vodafone have a template to use here on the forum which is connected to network issues. Some of these troubleshooting steps you have taken but the information collated may help the Social Media Team here help further. 

Link > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just to make sure I have had both phones sent away and both SIM cards swapped one of the phones got lost so the wife's phone is brand new customer services and higher tech have given a time scale of 3/5 working days this was not resolved and have now been told that they will contact me when it's fixed with no time scale they have not said what they think it is or give a clue as how they plan or when they plan of fixing this issue. Don't get me wrong most c/s have been great but all I ever get is they will contact you.

I have had nothing but bother since I disconnected my daughter's  phone in November and I think that was the last thing on the account sorry I changed price plan a few weeks ago but problem was there before and after change.

Happens anywhere not just at home

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Have you tried the vodafone repair tracker 

It gives you details as your device device's go through the stages of repair 

Sorry I can't post a link but just a search of 

Google 

VODAFONE REPAIR TRACKER

You've Nothing to lose and you might be surprised 

Your device might not need a massive repair 

Don't forget the only ones who know are the ones who actually have the device in there hands 

Even if you got the best person on customer service's trying to diagnose a fault over the phone I would say practically impossible 

It's worth a try 

And it worked for me but don't give in on first go it has to get there and be processed before it's even looked over 

I was amazed at what I found out 

And I'm not saying this applies to you cos didn't of me either 

But the volume of phones they go through is huge and a massive majority are just reset not really needing repair but as it has been sent they will still give it a good look to make sure 

I know the wait is a bit inconvenient as I felt like I had part of my head missing but at least you know it's being done proper 

The only strange thing I find is that 3 to 5 working days 

I'm sure that's a mistake I just can't see how that's possible from having experienced it once in feb and once about 2 years ago and both took around 10 to 12 days even though they said it would take 16 days 

Did you take it  to the store for them to send off as I did or do they still have the other option were they send a delivery driver or a pre paid post it bag

If you took it in store the document they give you has all the info you need for the tracker if not just call 191 and just say you want to track your repair

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Spear_3108 I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had.

We'd like to get to the bottom of this for you. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact our team directly.

Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch to help as soon as possible.

Just an update for tou all I have spoke to web team and they took me through all the steps again. I was then told higher techbteam will have it fixed in 3-4 days. Rang again a week later and went through all the same steps again  and was then told higher tech will ring when it's fixed I asked for an eta and was told they will just ring when it's done. Spoke to so many people finally got through to customer resolutions after a 47 min wait and after 6 min on the phone to them the call "dropped" this was just 1 minute before 9pm when the department close. Had more than enough I am quiet within my rights to cancle the contract due to lack of service and so this is what I am doing first thing in the morning sorry vodafone 2 mobiles and not long after but broadband and home telephone thanks for the service

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Spear_3108 - I’m disappointed to hear this is still on going and you’ve not been contacted again.

I’ve passed this on and someone from my team will be in touch.

I apologise for any inconvenience it’s causing.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Sorry about your probs 

But from having issues myself I have an s7 edge and although I do come across problems my self I can either try And resolve myself via the web.using the safe methods that I've learnt on here or then post on here.

It seems strange that your having the same issues with the warranty phone/phones 

But don't be to hasty 

Just cancelling your contract if your out of the cooling off period of which when I took mine out 30 days to send the device back after that your committed and either not paying or cancelling and not paying the correct fees can cause havoc too your life

Further down the line 

My device went for repair and took approx 2 week.

This is just presuming.... I think they overlook the phone then locate the fault and then if 

Repairable they'll repair but I don't think they send it straight back to you I think they monitor it for a couple of days just to make sure the repair is complete as sending your device back with out fully checking it would be a bit mad any how 

I know when I put mine in it was either 15 or 16 days when they stated they would return via the shop but I got it back a couple of days sooner than was stated which when you add in weekends and postage time wasn't bad 

Think carefully about cancelling your contract cos you'll still have to pay cancellation fee and the remainder of the contract

I might be a bit off on the last part but you will be in a far worse place than you are now then times that by 2 and what could of been resolved with a little patience 

Cancelling your contract by not doing it by the book can have far reaching consequences years down the line 

Even a search of this forum on it will provide you with some interesting stories

I am surprised they told you it would be fixed

In 3 to 5 days as when you take delivery times and then for them to process it takes time itself 

Whilst I was waiting there is a repair tracker that war quite usefull and from that I learnt the average volume of repairs Vodafone do each year and to be honest I can't remember the figure but it was huge and most could of been resolved just by general maintenance or soft reset 

Good luck any way