Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No wifi calling on Samsung S& phones

kiwi1007
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have bought a Samsung S7 Edge from Vodafone and I cannot get wifi calling at all. I have been into the vodafone store and chat and it is enabled but no joy so far. Finally got a reply stating that there is an issue with this for S7 and no idea when it will be fixed. This is not good when you are not in a good signal area

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dadon123
4: Newbie
Hi. My phone just updated. Please check in your settings menu for a new software update.

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

You've probably tried this but have you Text....

CALLING to 97888

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @kiwi1007

Providing you are pay monthly on a Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+ or Business Premier follow the link below to enable WiFi. If you purchased the phone as PAYG and are on a PAYG bundle WiFi calling will not work.

How do I set up WiFi calling on S7 Edge?

If you meet the criteria and still have problems, please use Live Chat for account access.

Further information for you on the link below.

Vodafone WiFi calling

Hello I am on red bundle but it still does not work and the Vodafone tech team are stumped as they said it shoudl work but someone on customer report found out \i think that there is an issue at the moment with wifi calling not avilable on Samsung S7 edge so still waiting as usual for a solution. I have done the text message and had it confirmed that wifi calling is activated on my account. Also on latest updates as well.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @kiwi1007

Ok and thanks for confirming what you've tried thus far. 

Seems you have gone as far as you can at your end now with it being in Vodafone's hands now to remedy. 

I hope this is as fast as possible. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

dadon123
Wifi calling on my s7bedge works perfectly fine. Was using it this morning.

Hello

I must admit that I have now exhausted all avenues including speaking to Vodafone Tech team and they have no answer. The only solution appears to be to return it and cancel the contract (which I do not want to do) but the phone is useless to me in an area where the phone signal is very poor. does anyone have anyway in which I can get this resolved as vodafone appears to be not dealing with just passing it around and i think apart from the head of vodafone spoken to just about everyone from the store people, chat (7 times), tech team 3 times.

Really need to get this resolved or at least a proper answer to this issue.

dadon123
I initially struggled to enable wifi calling. After the software update to firmware PD1, I checked under settings>>applications>phone and scrolled all the way to the bottom where not wifi calling option was available.
So I decided to factory reset my phone, send CALLING TO 97888 again and checked under settings>applications>phone again, scrolled all the way to the bottom and as if like magic, there appeared the option to enable wifi calling.

Thanks I will give this a try and let you all know if that works.

Regards

dadon123
A firmware update is around the corner. Maybe after this update your wifi calling will start working.