Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 Swap Queries - Voda Forums Reps Plz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon Voda Reps 

QQ Regarding Note 7 Queries etc. 

1. Swapouts - Naturally Voda are doing these. The official statement says To call after 19th Sept If you want to exchange for Note 7 device. Will it be a straight Swap For Swap with DPD (IE Their "Swapit" Facility) ??

Can these be done in store? The guys in Crawley said it could be done like for like. I'd just rather not be without my device for more than a couple of days if Im still paying for it.

2. What happens on Siebel in relation to tariffs and billing? Will these be exempt due to the issues? IE Old Tariff still rolling on? Etc

346 REPLIES 346

Retired-Sarah_A
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately we cannot advise more than the forum thread here.

Thanks,

Sarah 

I have just spent a painful 30+ mins on the phone arranging ,hopefully, a replacement note 7.

Nobody was aware of the recall nor could they give me the confidence that I was being added to the right queue as there was no stock.

Not the best handling of an issue when following instructions provided by Vodafone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should know from 11 AM, My device almost went up in smoke on Wednesday last week.

Samsung collected it on Saturday for inspection but they are doing the swapout, not Voda.

Vodas :Managers go on a coference call with Sammie in at 9.30am and from 11am it will be known what they are going to do with the recall and stock replacements.

CPW and O2, As well as EE are getting replacment devices issued from last week, however Voda seem to be doing a terrible job.

If there was an emoji for a Saracastic thumbs up... Voda would get it 

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Why is Vodafones customer service so shockingly bad? , it's horrendous. I called about my note7 and was told she was going to send a bag out to collect the phone. I tried to explain that wasn't going to happen she didn't have a clue what I was talking about, in the end I hung up. Just been to my local store today to be told I have to speak to samsung? Are you lot taking the ##~##? When I explained the same thing to her she told me I cant do it in store. Obviously she didn't have a clue either. Im going to be asking for a full refund and will be going elsewhere.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@jaygrim Which part of the post that @Retired-Sarah_A linked to in tbe post immediatly before yours do you not understand?

The linked post from Vodafone details the procedures to either swap or return your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you here. The process is clear... Cant get much clearer than that. 

My question was whether I would be left without a device for a  little while :Smiling:

kids

@Anonymous You never mentioned your concern about being left without a phone for a few days which is why I pointed you to the link.

I doubt if Vodafone can give you a 100% cast iron guarentee as to the  timescale between collection of the old device and sending out a new one.

The size of this recall is unprecedented and Vodafone are entirely reliant on what Samsung tell them.  The situation develops day by day so although the 19th appears to be the date to start executing collections and replacements it is still reliant on Samsung meeting their predictions 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kids

I did say in the OP 😛 Haha

Completely agree, my query was if they will DPD Swapit for this one.

Could be worse, I could be without My note 7 that I ordered haha.

I appriciate the Mods saying they dont know anymore on this at the moment.

Lets see what happens.

kids

@Anonymous Sorry you did indeed. I must see an optician.

Meanwhile here is the new Samsund starter kit.

image.jpeg