Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 Swap Queries - Voda Forums Reps Plz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon Voda Reps 

QQ Regarding Note 7 Queries etc. 

1. Swapouts - Naturally Voda are doing these. The official statement says To call after 19th Sept If you want to exchange for Note 7 device. Will it be a straight Swap For Swap with DPD (IE Their "Swapit" Facility) ??

Can these be done in store? The guys in Crawley said it could be done like for like. I'd just rather not be without my device for more than a couple of days if Im still paying for it.

2. What happens on Siebel in relation to tariffs and billing? Will these be exempt due to the issues? IE Old Tariff still rolling on? Etc

346 REPLIES 346

@Helenamk3 wrote:

i have just phoned again to be told for the 5th time the order had been cancelled  and now been told they are no note 7's in stock so can not give a date for the exchange   so just waiting on the staff to come back on the phone to let him know that i am switching on the phone and will continue using it till the replacement arrives and if it catches fire it wont be my problem it will be theirs     i have an out side plug that i will use  so it is not charging in the house

I understand your frustration but, the issues people have experienced with these phones are not restricted to when it's been charging, it is the battery in general. I would advise you, for the sake & safety of you & yours, don't use it at all.

You do so at your peril.

I'm too having the same problems with the incompetence at Vodafone,

No one at their customer service seems to have any idea of what is going on with this whole Galaxy Note 7 problem, they've contacted me to say I can exchange, when I ring up I'm told they have no idea when I will ever get a new phone?????

I've been told I can exchange instore then when I arrive at their store I cannot exchange as A. they don't have the phones in stock. B. I can't exchange due to my phone being delivered to me. So they couldn't do it anyway, so wasted time and money in petrol& parking tickets. Thanks!

Was told I'll get a new phone delivered yesterday 26/9/16.

now the 27/9/16. What a suprise still no phone!!!!!

It's beggers belief of how these people are being paid a wage to fob off their customers.

So now got to wait till someone calls or texts me to say a new phone will be delivered. When that is going to be I haven't the faintest idea!!

I've been with Vodafone for over 13 years, and it looks like this year will be my last if they don't get their act together!!

I've given them 2 weeks to sort or I'm off!!

matthewuncle
4: Newbie
It's very odd isn't it. You would think they would be aware that Vodafone run a customer forum where it is quite evident that some people have had their handsets exchanged. Therefore their no stock argument is blown out of the water. I will highlight this with them when I can be bothered to call for another round of Note 7 roulette

@matthewuncle wrote:
It's very odd isn't it. You would think they would be aware that Vodafone run a customer forum where it is quite evident that some people have had their handsets exchanged. Therefore their no stock argument is blown out of the water. I will highlight this with them when I can be bothered to call for another round of Note 7 roulette

I would also like an answer to my question in post #136, why are they still selling the phone online & advising a delivery from two weeks?

matthewuncle
4: Newbie
The cynic in me wonders whether they are earmarking some of the exchange stock to try and secure new customers at the expense of those that preordered and who should be prioritised for an exchange

@matthewuncle wrote:
The cynic in me wonders whether they are earmarking some of the exchange stock to try and secure new customers at the expense of those that preordered and who should be prioritised for an exchange

I don't think that's cynical mate, I think what they're doing is making themselves the operator offering the earliest projected availability date that is absolutely unsubstantiated in order to gain more business.

Nobody else is suggesting before the end of October & seeing as the European CEO has stated new sales won't start until the end of November, what is Vodafone's motive?

Cynic away my friend.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Woogy wrote:

@matthewuncle wrote:

I doubt if that is the case as the exchange stock is the phone only, no boxes or accessories.

@kids wrote:

@Woogy wrote:

@matthewuncle wrote:

I doubt if that is the case as the exchange stock is the phone only, no boxes or accessories.

I think you might be wrong on "phone only" across the board again that hasn't been consistent.  I will let you know how mine goes in the next hour

Mine just arrived with accessories in a sealed box.  DPD guy asked if it was OK to open bag to get out return bag, did so in front of me and we did a swap.  At least bit of the process went as I expected.

kids

@mb1388 Thanks for the update, it seems the exchange process varies across the board.

Good to hear you have the phone thought.