Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 Swap Queries - Voda Forums Reps Plz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon Voda Reps 

QQ Regarding Note 7 Queries etc. 

1. Swapouts - Naturally Voda are doing these. The official statement says To call after 19th Sept If you want to exchange for Note 7 device. Will it be a straight Swap For Swap with DPD (IE Their "Swapit" Facility) ??

Can these be done in store? The guys in Crawley said it could be done like for like. I'd just rather not be without my device for more than a couple of days if Im still paying for it.

2. What happens on Siebel in relation to tariffs and billing? Will these be exempt due to the issues? IE Old Tariff still rolling on? Etc

346 REPLIES 346

Dark360
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I don't think you have read most of the posts.

Vodafone haven't received any new Note 7 stock yet

We are all being passed from pillar to post.

I don't think anyone can tell you whether they are taking it to a shop or sending it back to vodafone.

My general understanding is that it will happen the same way Returns happens, which means that they will send you a new phone via courier who will also take back your old phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is it will be a straight swap, DPD using "Swapit" product... 

But lets see if Vodafone can do this right. 

With respect to those posting today...my attached comments are FROM Voda customer services via 191 TODAY.

If there any thoughts/rumours/truth in the fact that the Note 7 'maybe' an exchange by a courier company (DPD etc) why was i told TODAY to take the phone into a Voda shop for exchange??

Voda need to give us, the CUSTOMER correct information.

Copy of original post on other thread....

Original Posting ont his frum 19.09.16 at 424pm BSt

Not a Pre-order issue bit related by Note 7 and Voda woeful customer services...

As I have come to expect - another Vodafone fiasco and misinformationSmiley Mad

I recieved my Note 7 on 1st Sept and in a box is where it has stayed due to the fire risk. I immediately registered with Samsung AND Vodafone for the exchange. Samsung kindly inform me Vodafone will be dealing with this as they are my airtime provider.

Both Samsung AND Vodafone state it will be from Monday 19th September.

I telephone Voda at 910am BST and speak to their exchange/recall/upgrade depart and am told there is NO stock in and there is no update as to when the stock will arrive.

Having had dire probelms with Voda customer services on other matters since June 25th (3 ugrades which all went wrong!) I again called Voda at 415pm BST today and the customer services adviser went away for some period to seak advice....the advice came back was there is NO stock and the exchange/recall stock will only be availble from MID-OCTOBER!!!! 

Woeful and inept

Update at of 20.09.19 at 0928am BST

spoke to customer services who can't even get their story straight...they are now advising ME to take the phone to my 'local' vodafone store who will accept it and return it to Voda. Once this has been accepted, Samsung will be informed and asked to send me a replacement!!!

Any Tech Team Voda Employee that bothers to read this forum, please, please, please read our problems and moans and give us the TRUE/CORRECT advice on how to return/exchange this product. That is all we ask for.

Please do not just cut 'n' paste the paragrapgh requesting us to ring in on 191 to exchnage on a first come, first serve basis...clearly Voda customer services have change their story, advice or someone is wrong.

I just had varied stances on the exchange at the first pass this morning but got through to the right team eventually.  I also had an open but not submitted replacement request and so I would suggest if you called yesterday I would ring back to check it actually got submitted.

The original packaging thing will be interesting as I don't have it all (phone yes vr headset no) so I will be opening the phone box on  the doorstep swapping the phone out and giving it all back the new phone swapped out

pp763
4: Newbie
Heres my story. Recieved my handset on 30/8/16. yesterday i called 191 7 times and on the 7th time in the evening i finally spoke to a very friendly agent who knew all about the recall and arranged for a replacement device to be delivered to me tomorrow(21/9/16) via dpd drop and swap. She read out some terms and conditions also. Yesterday pm there was a limited amount of handsets availible of new stock for replacement customers. I mentioned to her that this had been a fiasco with most staff not knowing about the recall and she said its a case of being connected to the correct department

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are ringing 191, please ask to speak to either the "Early Life Retentions Team" Or the "Returns Team"... 

Easiest wat is to dial number, then when presented with the options, select Option 3 for UPG and Cancellations and Op 3 again for Turnaround / Returns.,

Im on the phone to clarify the process with their Sales Management now. 

WIll post shortly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to Voda and heres the process.

They will take your details and refer them to a team through an Escalation Form... 

Stock is on a FCFS basis and when allocated oout they will do a Swapit via DPD... 

No time frames im afraid though... Vodafone seem to suck at setting expectations. 

pp763
4: Newbie
I dialed 1 then 3 and 3 7 times. So it should have been 3 and 3?

Anonymous
Not applicable

YEp dont deal with billing, go straight through to cancellations. 

Copy of original post

Original Posting ont his frum 19.09.16 at 424pm BSt

Not a Pre-order issue bit related by Note 7 and Voda woeful customer services...

As I have come to expect - another Vodafone fiasco and misinformationSmiley Mad

I recieved my Note 7 on 1st Sept and in a box is where it has stayed due to the fire risk. I immediately registered with Samsung AND Vodafone for the exchange. Samsung kindly inform me Vodafone will be dealing with this as they are my airtime provider.

Both Samsung AND Vodafone state it will be from Monday 19th September.

I telephone Voda at 910am BST and speak to their exchange/recall/upgrade depart and am told there is NO stock in and there is no update as to when the stock will arrive.

Having had dire probelms with Voda customer services on other matters since June 25th (3 ugrades which all went wrong!) I again called Voda at 415pm BST today and the customer services adviser went away for some period to seak advice....the advice came back was there is NO stock and the exchange/recall stock will only be availble from MID-OCTOBER!!!! 

Woeful and inept

Update at of 20.09.19 at 0928am BST

spoke to customer services who can't even get their story straight...they are now advising ME to take the phone to my 'local' vodafone store who will accept it and return it to Voda. Once this has been accepted, Samsung will be informed and asked to send me a replacement!!!

Any Tech Team Voda Employee that bothers to read this forum, please, please, please read our problems and moans and give us the TRUE/CORRECT advice on how to return/exchange this product. That is all we ask for.

Please do not just cut 'n' paste the paragrapgh requesting us to ring in on 191 to exchnage on a first come, first serve basis...clearly Voda customer services have change their story, advice or someone is wrong.

STOP PRESS - Update as of 1035am BST
My second phone call to 191 this mornong and followed the options to 'returns.
The customer services operator confirmed that he could he an 'open' but not actioned returns order on my account from yesterday (19/09/16).

He stated that he would progress this today. Details taken and he then confirmed the following:
  1. Exchange is by DPD at an address of your choice
  2. 3-5 working days for deliver
  3. Text will follow to confirm this delivery
  4. Exchange is ALL of the items in the original box - Voda hold the right to refuse items if they are not satifactory
  5. Exhange also includes a new free VR headset as the original box had one in.

Hope this information helps those when you contact 191