Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 Vodafone Official statement

OMGLALALA
4: Newbie
Good Evening Vodafone.

I was wondering if you will be releasing an official statement regarding the Samsung world wide recall.

Samsung's statement states "We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible"

I have currently spoken to the store where I purchased my contract and was told to come back in a week as all the devices have sold out, doesn't really make sense considering the recall.
54 REPLIES 54

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This is Vodafone's statement. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7/m-p/2513907#M214

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

OMGLALALA
4: Newbie
Do we know why Vodafone arnt following the trend of other mobile carriers and replacing the devices e.g.
AT&T
Sprint

BandOfBrothers

I would only be guessing. 

Vodafones Uk statement is the official response. 

I'm not sure what other Uk Mobile a Network Carriers are going to do. 

The two you mention bring American are nothing to do with Vodafone Uk. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just to inform you that, having called the Samsung Support number you are directed to call in the Vodafone advisory, I was informed (after being on hold for half an hour) that I would need to talk to Vodafone about the recall and that Samsung couldn't help me. This makes sense given that I purchased my device from Vodafone and not Samsung direct, but it seems therefore that Vodafone are yet to sort out what exactly they are going to do about this recall. I note that Vodafone Australia are already offering a process for replacement or alternatve model selection, but nothing equivalent from Vodafone UK so far...

hrym

Clearly, Vodafone are going to have to wait for Samsung UK to announce a strategy as the replacements will ultimately come from them.

I imagine it'll be a while as the existing units have to be recalled and sufficient new ones manufactured.   It's possible that batteries will be replaced, but there'd need to be sufficient service capacity to do that quickly.  It's not like the old days of user-replaceable batteries :smileysad:.

Had a call from vodafone today 01709 917489.

Regarding the Samsung Note 7 they said they are calling all customers that have recieved them to contact Samsung directly (Samsung will replace). If nothing changes by Friday this week, phones going back for a full refund. I didn't buy the phone from Samsung I purchased it from Vodafone.

Under the Consumers rights act 2015, goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the item you sold me is faulty. I would like a repair/replacement/part-refund."  only have to give them one chance to refund/repair/exchange now (compared to Sale of goods act)

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Having a good read of all the information the sale & contract I took out was directly with vodafone so they should handle the replacement.

Had a chat with Customer Services, and they are expecting delivery of the Galaxy Note 7 around 15th / 16th September...

Hello all

Vodafone have received further updates regarding the Note7.

To view the latest information please see our Note7 Announcement Page. 

(See post number 3 on the thread, this information was posted today - 9 Sept at 09:34am)

@noelsolutions

You also mentioned Consumer Law in one of your previous posts. As the device is built by Samsung, Vodafone as the seller must adhere to the manufacturer's return and exchange process.

Customers have been asked to return their Note7 and replacements will be available from 19 September. 

Louise

@Louise_E

Vodafone have received further updates regarding the Note7.

To view the latest information please see our Note7 Announcement Page. 

(See post number 3 on the thread, this information was posted today - 9 Sept at 09:34am) Do you mean today 7th September ?

I am fully aware of the returns process I mentioned vodafone should be handling the returns not telling us to go through Samsung what inconvenience that has been. Last week vodafone didn't have a clue which resulted in me wasting a lot of my time.