Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 Vodafone Official statement

OMGLALALA
4: Newbie
Good Evening Vodafone.

I was wondering if you will be releasing an official statement regarding the Samsung world wide recall.

Samsung's statement states "We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible"

I have currently spoken to the store where I purchased my contract and was told to come back in a week as all the devices have sold out, doesn't really make sense considering the recall.
54 REPLIES 54

The following advice applies to customers who purchased the device directly from Vodafone UK only:

1. Stick with the Note7

If you plan to stick with a Note7, you will need to contact us from 19 September so that we can organise an exchange for you. Call us on 191 or 03333 040 191 and we will make the arrangements to retrieve your existing device and send out a new one.

Is the old handset collected on the same day as the new one arrives?  I no longer have my iPhone so i'm stuffed if i have to send the original Note in before you send out the new one?

OMGLALALA
Is that for the pre-order that are now backlogged or for those of us that currently have the potential time bomb in our pockets ?

My enquiry was about Pre-Orders specifically... So not sure about returns to be fair, sorry! Also, the 15/16th date was actual delivery to the customer, not to their warehouse...

IMG_0782.PNG

kylie18
Has anyone had any luck with who to call to get phone replaced as yet? I called Samsung a few days ago and was told that I would have to go through vodafone. I spoke to vodafone on chat who said I would hear from them within 48 hours. Still nothing so called vodafone who told me unless the phone was getting hot while charging then Samsung would not replace. When I asked why Samsung had issued a statement saying all phones would be replaced all he did was kept repeating that there is no way Samsung are going to replace the millions of phones that they have already sold!

My Note 7 from vodafone was Samsung manufactured in Vietnam. Had the phone since Tuesday last week, Charged once on Friday and has been powered off ever since. I contracted Samsung over the weekend and provided IMEI and serial now waiting for a call back within 7 days. I will most likely retrun the handset to vodafone for a full refund if this drags out. Paying an incraese of £43 more a month to have this phone.

Hi kylie18 - whoever you spoke to is talking garbage.  Evidently Vodafone staff have not been told by anyone what is happening and who is sorting what, it's ridiculous.  Other phone carriers seem to know what's going on.

Samsung are replacing every single handset. When i rang Samsung UK i was told (by a pre-recorded message for all Note7 users) to contact them using the email form on their contact page.  They will need your IMEI and Serial number and *should* get back within 7 days to let us know what happens next. 

From what i've read they will deliver a new handset and will take the old one away the same day.  Fingers crossed 😕

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Guhy10
I spoke to Vodafone yesterday and I was told pre orders are likely to be delivered sometime in October at least.!

Vodaphone need to provide a clear update to the situation.

What is happening with billing ?

If Samsung replace the phone who do we go back to if we have further issues down the line?

My Sim card has not even been in my note 7 I got delivered last Tuesday.

I wonder what is taking vodafone so long?

Vodaphone should be getting in contact with everyone who had the Note 7 delivered last week and sorting out the replacement for us. Why are we the customer going direct to Samsung having to waste our time sorting it out. It is a pass the buck move from Vodafone!

From Samsung:

Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is ###.

Samsung is conducting a thorough inspection with our partners and we will share the findings as soon as possible. We are currently working hard on finalising the Note7 replacement & repair process, at this stage we will capture your information in order to be able to contact you at the earliest opportunity to arrange your replacement or repair.
In order to proceed, please share with us the following contact details. 
• Full Name
• Full Address
• Contact Number / Email Address
• IMEI / Serial Number

Alternatively you may contact the Retailer or Network Provider you purchased your Note7 from in order for them to assist you further.o assist you further.

Agreed, as a returning customer to Vodafone after many years away I'm starting to remember why I left them last time, the customer service seems nonexistent.

Also, if the replacement phone did come from Samsung direct then presumably it would be an unlocked brand-free one and not 'Vodafone'd'. This likely means it won't support wifi calling which requires the device to have been purchased from and pre-configured by Vodafone (although so far, even though it's advertised as supporting wifi calling on Vodafone's site, I've not actually been able to find anyone who at Vodafone can tell me how to activate this on the device - I suspect it may not actually be supported at all currently even though this was the sole reason for my purchasing this model and switching to Vodafone). :'-(