cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 exchange - just the phone but not the accessories?

chwong1988
3: Seeker

After many phone calls, I have just been contacted by the 'warehouse' (apparently 3rd party logistic company and not part of Vodafone according to the person who called). She informed the exchange will happen via DPD tomorrow but she told me I should only exchange the phone itself (i.e. no box and accessories). I questioned it and she said they only received the 'phone' from Samsung and they had been doing this with no issues from other customers. Surely this can't be right as the IMEI and serials will be different form the box. Can someone clarify if this is true?

7 REPLIES 7

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Apparently where the devices have been replaced in other countries the phone comes with a label showing the IMEI and serial number of the replacement device and that is stuck over the original one on the box.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I do agree that having the correct original retailer box would be an advantage.

I sometimes sell on my phones so having The imei and serial number of the phone not matching the ones on the box may cause an issue. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

T1nyT1m
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

That'll be UTL

The VM I received said the same thing - phone only, and I called Samsung who confimred this. The trouble is that if you call 151 they are very clear (wrongly it seems) that you have to return the whole package (as is the procedure for a conventional return) and if you don't - they can refuse to accept. The guy I spoke to went away to check if they would still swap if I hadn't kept the box.

kids

@Harrysw7 No dount the phone only exchange made it easier for Samsung to ship, it takes much less cargo space to ship 100,000 phones only than it does for the boxed version.

Also of course it is probably faster than waiting for new boxes to be produced and shipped to wherever the batteries were being replaced.

chwong1988

The problem is that I would like to receive a proper sealed replacement like the US instead of just exchanging the unit itself. It will look very dodgy in the future when you try to sell your phone - like what bandofbrothers said. This whole saga is just beyond frustrating. Anyway I will see what will turn up tomorrow (if it will really turn up of course).

everyone waiting on their exchange phones 

please please look out for this number

0808 000 0133

i had 2 calls from this number in the past few days and ignored it as it came up scam

but today i took the call only to find out it was from vodafone making arrangments for my echange note 7 to be delivered  tomorrow.   i have noticed on a few other topics  other people waiting on their exchange have also not answered this number.  so keep you eye open for this number to give you a call and you should have your exchange the next day :Smiling: