Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old Phone receiving Text meassages

CHALVEY1982
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just upgraded from a Sumsung A4 Mini to the new A5.  I done a sim swapp and new phone working fine but for some reason some text messages i am receiving are still coming through to the old phone and not the new phone and i cannot understand why as this phones shows a no network?  Can anyone help or advise how to get this stopped

Many Thanks

Catherine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CHALVEY1982 To remove the chatON application and prevent further messages being sent to your old phone, please complete the following steps:

• In 'Settings', select the 'Accounts' option.
  • Click the chatON account, and select the bottom right button that says 'Remove account'.
  • When selecting this, it will remove the account from the phone and stop future messages being received. 

Let us know how you get on :smileyhappy:

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That a weird as the original sim card would have been De Activated after the sim swap was completed. 

This could be older texts that were put in a holding state while the sim swap was completed but somehow hit your old phone. 

Is the old sim still in the previous phone ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Most likely you are getting it on old phone as coming through as Samsung Chat.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

On some of the older devices you could set the duration for the text to be sent just in case the device you were sending too was unavailable or switched off

And on some it would range from 48 hours all the way up to forever 

This was on early 2000's phone so if it was set to that that is one possible explanation I can't remember what device I saw it on but it was definitely there.for a while any way because that and delivery reports was one of the first settings I used to change

How would i be able to get the samsung chat off the old phone? Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CHALVEY1982 To remove the chatON application and prevent further messages being sent to your old phone, please complete the following steps:

• In 'Settings', select the 'Accounts' option.
  • Click the chatON account, and select the bottom right button that says 'Remove account'.
  • When selecting this, it will remove the account from the phone and stop future messages being received. 

Let us know how you get on :smileyhappy: