Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online Payment Issue

kevsmt5
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good morning, so where to start,

I have been with vodafone for 7 years, and always pay my bill online using my credit card.

Four months ago i did just that, only for the website take my card details then to the card secure page , collect payment but not confirm. I checked with my bank only to be told the payment had been taken. I contacted vodafone on chat, they stated to wait 24 hours.

24 hours later    and payment not clear on my account. Contacted them again to be told they would raise this with technical team.  I waited 7 days only to find payment had gone back into my bank account.

I then used the app this time and not website and payment went through fine and my account credited.

The following month i used website again, and the exact same thing happened, so again i used the app, contacted vodafone to be told they would raise it as a technical issue

Last month i made payment on app and no issues

This month, made payment on app and same issue as the website, payment taken, no confirmation and no doubt 7 days time payment will be back in my bank account. Then what? i don’t like having direct debits, i prefer to use card, and online. I have spoken with vodafone again today to be told they would raise it as a technical issue.

How many times do they need to raise it to fix the issue?

Has anyone else experienced similar issue?

What if one month i paid only a couple of days before due date, i would risk incurring late fees and a mark on my credit file? not good when looking to buy a new house shortly.

I would warn anyone looking to join vodafone that if they wish to make card payments online as method of paying bill each month, then to consider another network. Vodafone are in no hurry to resolve this issue, and have the cheek to say no one else has reported this issue before.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

I have seen card payment issues from time to time, but they're rare, so I assume the system does normally work as intended.  As this sounds like an account-level issue, it's best to wait for the Tech Team here to pick this thread up and respond to you privately.   They can take your details, go away and research the issue properly.  It may have been escalated, but the frontline Customer Service people don't have the resources to chase it up.

Direct Debit is, tbh, the best way of paying your bill.   In the event that you dispute something that's taken, you have the DD guarantee and your bank can recover the payment.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kevsmt5

If you're having issues regarding payments on My Vodafone, please speak with our My Vodafone Live Chat team. They'll be happy to look into this for you.

hrym

The OP's issue seems to be that the frontline CS people have escalated this (or say they have), but they've heard nothing back.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kevsmt5

I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact us.

Once completed, we'll be happy to look into this for you.