Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Overheated HTC One M7 in for repair

Chudders1138
4: Newbie

At the weekend my Htc one overheated in a big way, it was absolutely red hot and wouldnt turn on/do anything. Left it overnight and on Sunday it wouldnt do anything, the Led light was not even coming on when the charger was plugged in. 

I took it into my local store on Sunday and they sent it off for repair. 

I got a text at 10am this morning saying it was received by the repair center, and when i checked the online repair tracker at midday, it said repair completed. 

This seems very quick, and having had a bit of a google, im seeing loys and lots of threads about phones being returned unfixed citing 'water damage' or other reasons. 

Is there any way to check if my phone has actually been repaired without waiting for it to arrive? 

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The forum team should be able to progress this for you.   It's possible that all that's been done is a reset and reflash - unless there was an obvious fault or it's a known issue and there's a standard component replacement process (it could be the battery in the case of overheating).

I hope the repair was successful but, if the problem recurs, I'd recommend going direct to HTC as they're the manufacturer and have more experience of their own devices.  If there's been a spate of this, they're more likely to know what to do straight away.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chudders1138,

Thanks for your post.

We do aim to get the phone back to you as soon as possible.

When you collect your phone they'll let you know what the issue was and what steps were taken to fix it.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks.

Ian