Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Photos App using a lot of data

Joykaren
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have ended up paying a lot more than I normally would thanks to this app which I had no idea used so much data constantly.... I recently upgraded to a Vodafone Platinum 7 and this was a built in app. Last month I ended up paying £19.50 just for the data on top of my plan and adding and extra GB to my plan. I didn't even use the app... Since I deactivated it, my data use has gone back to normal. Has anyone else had this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Joykaren

My experience is that if a camera uses a location geotag type setting that can use data. 

Or by sending / uploading the photos this can use data. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Joykaren You should only been using that much data if you are uploading files to a storage facility such as Google. The best thing to do is to turn off the data uploading in the phone and only use wifi.

Geotag uses very little data unless you are taking many thousands of photos, in Google you can turn off the option to allow Gogle's location service to collect anonymous location data which can work in the background even when an app is not being used.

Nabs

I use the Google Photo's app which will automatically backup your photo to your Google Drive, by default it only does this over WiFi though.

I'm not sure if Vodafone have a similar service installed on the SP7 but it might be in the settings to backup to WiFi only, worth looking in the settings if it's there?