Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem setting up Wifi Calling ion Galaxy S7

TonyLa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi eForum.

I've had Wifi Calling enabled on my account but the menu item has not appeared under Vibrate in Settings>Apps>Phone. Guy in shop couln't help & gave up. I've tried a power cycle (many times) and a software Update (I have the latest software). 

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong ?

Best regards,

Tony L

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Im afraid it won't work if supplied by Carphone warehouse. 

See 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:

A Pay monthly Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+ or Business Premier*

A compatible device:
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone SE

A Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S7 or S7 edge bought directly from Vodafone at one of our stores, online or by phone through our customer services team

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

lukem404
1: Seeker
Hi, just wanted to let you know that I got WiFi Calling working on my S7 even though I got it from Carphone Warehouse - I got the following text from Vodafone:

Keep the conversation flowing even where there's no signal. Activate Wi-Fi Calling at no extra charge on your Samsung Galaxy S7 - just text CALLING to 97888 and we'll set it up on your account. You'll then be able to make calls whenever you're connected to Wi-Fi, whether that's at a train station, a country pub or in your home. Find out more at vodafone.co.uk/wificalling Terms apply. To end texts send STOP to 9774

So I texted the number and ticked the WiFi Calling box in the phone settings and it worked!

Have you got it working since last posting in this thread?

TBH I did get it working. After about a week or so, I received an code update to the handset, and I checked for the presence of the menu item after the update/reboot, it had suddenly appeared. I didn't want to make too much of it, in case I wasn't _supposed_ to have it, but it definitely works. 

Best regards,

Tony L