Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with Vodafone Wallet

theoldsilverfox
3: Seeker

I have set up smartpass and wallet on my s4 (not rooted) all was ok untill I had a sim change (the new nfc one), now smartpass will not load and wallet opens with a message saying "Unable to open wallet. you recently swapped your sim card. your new sim may take 15 mins to register. please try again later. error C1075.  That was 6 days ago. since then I have uninstalled the apps reinstalled them, and then out of frustration a factory reset on the phone. nothing works, so i am not going to spend money on that card till its sorted.

I have made 3 calls to customer services, no one in India knows what "Wallet" is. The first one put me through to smartpass who said that its nothing to do with them and i should speak to customer services, so I phoned again and told the person not to put me through to smatpass as its the Vodaphone Wallet department i need, she put me through to smartpass............aghhhaaah. the 3rd call (now been on the phone for 55mins) told me that he would find the answer to my problem, 10mins later he gave me a telephone number for the people to sort out the problem with the app, when I phoned the number, it was Transport for London. Vodaphone are known for there poor IT but there must be someone that knows how to sort this, but i have no idea how to contact them. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theoldsilverfox
Thanks for your thoughts, I have already tried replacing the Sim, I have another contract and the same message keeps appearing with that one as well.
As I explained no one at 191 knows anything about wallet or who to connect you to to get an app problem sorted. It's not on there script and when they put me on hold to speak to there supervisor they come back and connect me with smartpass, and they do not know anything about wallet and tell me to phone 191. And so the endless loop continues.
My advice to any one thinking of getting involved with this service is don't. Wait until PayPal do it, I'm sure they will get it right from the start, and not make you have a sticker on the back of your phone with a different account from the one you already have.

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

kevinx
6: Helper
Possibly because no-one at Vodafone knows what's going on! For a "communications" company it is pathetic.
I have been given so many lies (fact) from Vodafone, and NOTHING has been resolved.
I have even written, politely, to the CEO's office to receive a call from a 'customer service agent' who AGAIN, have me wrong information (fact) and also, again, blatantly LIED.
Vodafone, you REALLY need to review your operation.
All the above may be proven from the recordings which are made.
Pathetic.

Current/Previous Devices:-Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge (Gold), Samsung Galaxy s5, HTC OneX (W), HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) 🙂

kevinx
Vodafone are absolute rubbish with THIS.STILL not resolved after 6 months. Pathetic service.

Current/Previous Devices:-Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge (Gold), Samsung Galaxy s5, HTC OneX (W), HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) 🙂

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you can't resolve problems with Wallet yourself, you can email UKWalletsupport at vodafone.com (replacing the "at" with "@" of course)

I first E-mailed in November in 2015 and regularly since then. I finally got a resolution in March 2016 so don't expect too much from the e-mail desk.

How about some TRAINING for the Vodafone staff, so at least they can put the call through to a department which knows what to do. Or is that siply too easy.

Very VERY frustrating.

kevinx
The saga continues. Two weeks later. Three NFC SIM cards later. Spoke to numerous people in Vodafone and, quite frankly, the service is PATHETIC with untrained staff, and what appears to be endemic LIES from Vodafone staff (a fact that CAN be proven, and WILL be proven.
Vodafone, you need to sort yourselves out, and maybe find a solution to your inability to support your products.
Gross incompetence.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kevinx

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

Get in touch with our dedicated team on 08000 148 902 (free from UK landlines and mobiles) or email them at help@vodafonewallet.com

kevinx
ChazzD,

You are booking, right?

Why is Vodafone so incompetent? Check, on Siebel memo pad, the number of calls and time I have wasted on this issue, where nobody in Vodafone sends to know what they are doing!

The number you offer.. Is Wallet CARD SERVICES. They deal with financial transactions. THEY DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE APP, in fact they will tell you to 'contact Vodafone'!
I have been told by Voda ops that I' need an NFC SIM card '. Guess what? I AM using an NFC SIM card, and have been since launch.
I have been told to obtain another NFC SIM card... Check my account.. I have done this THREE TIMES.
I have been told' syndrome will call you bsck within 48 hours.... Never happened.
I have spoken with your 'Complaints' team.. Never heard back.
The LAST call I had worth Vodafone 'Customer Relations' said they would get back within 72 hours.. That was LAST FRIDAY and have heard nothing!
Total total incompetence and LIES (which CAN be proven by voice records).

Oh, and I did receive a text from Natalie, stating that the issue would be resolved by 'over a week ago'.... Guess what? MORE less.

Yes, DO copy this mail to your seniors, and to' The Board'.

Gross incompetence I'm afraid.

kevinx
You are 'booking right' = 'You are JOKING right'..

63johnw

@kevinx Hi, have you thought about trying android pay ? I have both set up on my phone, I actually like the small extra feature that you have to wake up your phone with android pay to be able to make a payment.