cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems after updating Android (7) / Samsung Experience (8.1)

stevetuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After applying an update to my Samsung S8+ handset this morning I've got two issues:

1. Vodafone keep texting to say that it looks like I've swapped my SIM. They also keep sending configuration text messages.

2. The quick dial icon from the (text) messaging app no longer directly dials the contact that texted me, it just opens up a list of numbers and has the +44 country code with 'UNSAVED' written underneath, like it doesn't recognise who it is.

Can anyone help please?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @stevetuk

I applied the newest update to my s8 a couple of days ago and am not experiencing the issue you are. 

That said I'm using a s8 bought directly from Samsung. 

The message your receiving is an automated message and should stop. If it does not then perhaps seek assistance from Live Chat or Customer Services on 191. 

I can still use the quick dial option from texts too. 

You could try clearing the system cache by ##~## down the phone and carry out a series of button pressess that will lead you to that section. If your not aware of how to do this I can advise you further. 

A last resort would be to create a back up and factory reset but try closing the app down first and clear it's Caches and Cookies. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I wiped the system cache partition and still no luck - now I have contacts saying they can't see my profile picture in WhatsApp or my online status which leads me to believe they're no longer being recognised as 'contacts' (my setting is to show that information to 'Contacts only').

The area code issue still seems to be there. I can't quick dial using the phone icon from a text message still.

It seems like the Contacts app has changed something...

Ok, quick update: I fixed the WhatsApp issue by deleting the app and reinstalling it. On set up it re-linked all my contacts so now everybody can see I'm online/my profile photo etc as they should.

It definitely seems the case that Samsung pushed out an update to the default Contacts app (having a knock on effect with the Messaging and Phone apps) that seems to be related to area codes in some way.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

From my experience in getting them messages it's when I have taken out the SIM and put it back in the Vodafone system sends them configuration messages so you can use there network and I think they are sent automatically but if you keep getting them for no reason contact Vodafone and I'm sure they will be able to stop them or tell you the reason you keep getting them