Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with sending/receiving text

Joanne2110
3: Seeker

Sending texts on ultra 7, comes up message not sent. Person I send it to either doesn't get it or gets it 6 times! Not receiving texts for at least 24 hours then get them numerous times. Not receiving phone calls. Took it in today, guy took call messaging+and text off - all sorted he says. Guess what, did not fix problem! This is 3rd time this has happened. Anyone had similar problems?

8 REPLIES 8

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Joanne2110

Could you let me know which application you're using to send messages? We've had some customers explain that they're unable to send messages while using a third-party messaging app and that may be the cause.

Thanks

Joanne2110
Guy in shop took call/messaging+ off so it is just the normal SMS text

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Sometimes network congestion can affect services. 

Does this occur whetever You Go ?

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault.

Try another Sim in your phone.

If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Don't think it's a problem of location as it happens no matter where I am. Will take it back again tomorrow and try a sim swap, that's the only thing I haven't tried so far! Many thanks

BandOfBrothers

At least that probably rules out your area & masts. 

Can you try your Sim in another phone as suggested ?

Or let the Vodafone Shop try your Sim in a In house phone. 

A sim swap takes from a few minutes up to very occasionally 24 hours to complete. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It is possible for you to try manual roaming your handset if you are not able to test the sim in another handset? i.e. switching off wifi first move the phone from Vodafone to another network allowing the signal to drop and then back on to Vodafone again. You can usually do this via the guide below:

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Calls-and-contacts/Network/48674201/Select-network.htm

AnnS

Hi @Joanne2110

The first thing to try where the issues you describe are concerned. is to get a replacement SIM card from a Vodafone Store.  You may find this is a simple SIM card fault.

If you still have issues after the SIM swap, it may be time for Vodafone to take a look at the network in your area.  It would also be an idea for Vodafone to make sure your SMS are hitting the message centre correctly for forwarding onto the recipient.

For any network issues, Vodafone are going to need an example before a case can be raised.  This can be done by completing the pro forma on the link below and copying and pasting the results back on the thread.

Network Issues

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

With regard to the sim swap, it may be best to try the other suggestions first before attempting this.  Although a swap was recommended on the old system for issues like this, as advised, (particularly relating to network or internet but not exclusively) the new system doesn't require this in the same type of way.  A sim swap is now therefore usually recommended as a last course of action, after any network/phone testing has been done.