Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Question About Unlocking Galaxy S6 Edge

TheLibertine
4: Newbie

So I was planning to leave Vodafone and ordered my free unlock code through the site. In the end after being offered a good deal I stayed with a SIM Only contract.

With that in mind I still plan to upgrade my phone so plan on unlocking it eventually anyway for resale. Stupid question, but can I unlock it now and continue using Vodafone on it? Could I unlock it using the code I was sent in say 2/3 months time, or do these codes expire?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @TheLibertine

Unlocking the phone so it'll accept any networks sim card will have no affect or bearing on your Vodafone Contract. 

If you do request one I'd suggest not to sit on it but use it straight away so you know it has worked and have no issues down the line in having to try and request another. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi bud

I had my new contract and to get the code within 2 days And the first one was rejected because i gave  a wrong figure

as long as your sim as been active for three moths and you have paid 3 bills on time you can request the code and you can only apply for 3 in a 90 day period 

I would recommend doing it as soon as you can as there are a tot of post on here were people have finished there contract and they applied for the code and have hard time getting there  phone unlocked 

I think it is because the contract is probably not active and requires a more thorough search for the unlock code