Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Receiving texts

Merlin67
2: Seeker

Hi all.

I am new to the world of mobile phones and have had an old one for a year and upgraded to a huawei. Its a great phone but something is annoying me. Some of my incoming texts go stright to the SIM and not the phone. There is no alert when they arrive on SIM whereas the phone buzzes and flags up a little red number each time  text arrives. Has anyone any idea why this happens please and how to stop it and make it so that all my texts arrive to the phone NOT the SIM?

cHEERS.

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Welcome to the world of smartphones. :Smiling:

Which model of Huawei do you own may I ask ?

Can I ask if you've checked the settings in messages to see if there is anything in there. 

I'm not sure but have you saved some contacts to the SIM if it allows that and it's these that are being affected? If so move the contact from the SIM to the phone memory. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi, I have the Huawei P9+ and havent come across this issue, all my texts come to my phone and I receive a notification.

I have looked in the message settings and cant see anything that could cause this?

Its worth checking the suggestion about contacts from @BandOfBrothers

Thanks for your reply and apologies for delay in responding to you.

My phone is a VNS L31, although not sure (without looking for box) if it has another name. It's new anyway and was £235.00.

I can't find any setting in 'Messages'-in fact I can't find 'Messagges'. When I go into 'SIM messages' there are no options other than to move or delete them.

AnnS

Hi @Merlin67

If you have email set up on your phone, the number could be a received email notification and you need to go into emails to read the message.

You can check if texts message are stored on the phone or SIM by going into your message settings and scrolling down to save to internal storage.

63johnw

on further inspection on my phone in the message app settings, advanced, there is an option for manage sim card messages but when I access it its empty and there are no options?

Thanks-I have received your second reply too. When I go into 'Manage SIM messages' there are no 'settings' in there.

I had a text today, a long one, and it went to SIM. It was broken up into 4 segments so I had to read bottom first. Interestingly, each segment had around 126 characters.

The lads in vodaphone shop have no idae other than saying maybe my phone memory is full.

Hello @Merlin67

This problems sounds very odd. 

Please give our technical team a call on 191 from a Vodafone mobile and we will take a closer look at this problem. 

Louise

Ceretrea
I have this same issue with the same phone. I've just switched from a Windows Phone. Can anyone tell me how this was fixed please?

Hi @Ceretrea

Please speak with our Live Chat and we will investigate for you. 

Alternatively, please call our team on 191 from your mobile and speak with the technical team. 

Louise