Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S4

danba
4: Newbie

Just got a prompt last night for an update of 155mb.  Haven't noticed much yet other then the messaging app has got an upgrade and now adding emoji doesn't convert a text message to MMS. There's a Rich Communications option under Network which is related to the sms app.

Baseband version: I9505XXUGNH7

Anyone else got this? :cathappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S4 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

166 REPLIES 166

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi there, unless the person receiving the message has message+/RCS the message will be the same as normal. It only changes in that set up.

ss74
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So I finally received an update on my phone yesterday and installed it.  After 10hrs of it being taken of the charger the battery had only gone down by 7%.  Amazing, until I realised I've had no mobile data since a little while after the update.  The APN's weren't set correctly and one was missing.  Tried to add them back in manually but the add option gives an error. Got voda to resend the configuration message and installed that but still no luck.  So as of now I have no mobile data but a phone that will last a long time.  Way to go Voda!!! (sorry it's obviously Samsung's fault)

Screenshot_2014-12-10-02-34-35.pngNot wishing to dampen any festive spirit but recieved franken update yesterday updated phone IT DID NOT GIVE any info as to what it was or what bug fixes there was so I updated in desperate hope that all would be fixed did a factory reset and disabled the RCS and hey guess what phone still shuts down unexpectedly with more than 50% battery so to recap.

Got phone in may Awesome phone used it through out summer then got the Awfull 4.4.2 update now have useless brick and I cant even use my old phone as the s4 uses a micro sim. Great for 30 quid a month.

Vodafone Please please please sort this NOW.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ss74  and @JamesCombe

We'll be happy to look at this in our Repair Centre.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

So did anyone discover what the latest update was, which version, an update to new KitKat version or update to Lollipop. I keep getting reminder of available update but don't want to unless it improves what can inly be described as an appalling fiasco regarding the last power sapping update.

Is there anyway of getting an update direct from Samsung without the issuesand dross Vodafones updates cause?

Hea_Bath
2: Seeker
Can u tell me what can i do?

isisalar
Samsung and more especially Vodafone showed themselves to be essentially useless in resolving this issue. I had installed What's app and I think the power struggle between whatsapp Samsung and Vodafone all trying to force you to use their messaging service is what causes the problem.
I uninstalled whatsapp and the problem disappeared.