Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Royal Mail bans Note 7 from travelling through its nertwork

pp763
4: Newbie
Parcelforce also. Great. Now i have to deal with vodafone again as they are sending out royal mail bags to post note 7s through the post office
10 REPLIES 10

RBroni
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Yes I've just had the same problem this morning, been on the phone to Vodafone just now for twenty minutes trying to get this sorted and they hang the phone up!

Typical vodafone, Customer service absolutely rock bottom. I've had over 10 advisors hang up on me since 2nd september.

burntout
told me to go into store which luckily i didn't set off and she confirmed if you purchased in store you can but otherwise it was a no no!!!

burntout
are Vodafone actually listening to any of our frustrations or being complete as#0!€$

hrym
17: Community Champion

Technically, it's OK to send a lithium battery through the post as long as it's contained within a device.   However, I can see how RM would refuse to handle something that's clearly fireproof as it's flagging itself up as a hazard.   I'd wouldn't be happy if something I posted was done to a crisp by someone else's Note 7.

So, Vodafone aren't actually wrong, if their packaging doesn't mention the contents.   It appears to be only the Samsung packaging that RM are objecting to.

I've always said this was going to be a logistical nightmare and that it was going to be tricky finding a carrier who'd handle potential firebombs in bulk.

serial45
Thought about telling a little white lie and saying it's a different device In The package? Going to try this tomorrow! Can't see RM opening the pack in front of you!

hrym

I'd just say "mobile phone".  You don't have to specify the make and model, though of course they may be wise to that and ask.

Sent mine back with Royal Mail today, Just said it was an iphone with accessories.

No problem :Smiling:

hrym

That's probably a plan, though it's worth saying that we can't condone lying to RM, which is why I suggested "mobile phone".  Personally, I'd also be concerned about too many potentially inflammable Notes floating about in the ordinary post.  There'll be one heck of a row if one of them does injure a postal worker or burn down a sorting office!