Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rubbish battery life on Galaxy S7?

dj9928
4: Newbie

I got an S7 yesterday, first full charge last night, I haven't it even properly set up yet, haven't got most of my apps installed yet. I took it of the charger this morning at 8am its now at 50%, 45 mins screen on time with the biggest battery drain being android system 20%.

I have hardly used the phone today as I'm off work, at this rate it'll be dead long before bedtime with me doing nothing.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It can sometimes take a few charge and discharge cycles for a phones battery to hit peak output. 

Also more battery is used up when setting up and trying out new things. 

Can I ask do you use Google Chrome? If so check in your battery stats and if mediaserver shows then it's a bug with using chrome. It can be heavy on your battery. 

This happened on my Samsung s7 edge so I cleared chromes cache, force stopped it and disabled it and now use the Samsung native Internet app. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This is day 2, second full charge last night. Of the charger now 1 hour, its got flight mode on with wifi calling enabled. I am currently at 90% with 1 min screen on time. Android services again the biggest hog but it contains IPSec services which does the Wifi Calling part.

Right guys I've found the problem.  Wifi Calling,  That's the problem.  I happened to turn it off as don't use it and it has really helped.  My phone is now at 89%, The screen sat on for 45 mins during a workout and dropped just 1% where as before with wifi calling on it dropped almost 10% per hour.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Just to highlight, it is best to take the phone off charge once the battery is full.  Leaving it charge overnight can cause long term damage to the battery.  Also, try not to completely deplete the battery - put it on charge at about 20% or higher as running the battery down completely can also cause it's own problems. Modern batteries actual respond better to being charged from around 40%

PWIAC