Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S5 camera options

AmandaWilkes
1: Seeker

I do not have a settings option on the screen when I open the camera.

I am currently unable to zoom in on any photos as the modes that are available to me do not allow this.

Can anyone help as I cannot find a tuturial on line which explains what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm not familiar with the S5, but there must be another method of getting into the settings.   However, I'd also assume that it defaults to opening in "normal" mode?  If you download the full manual, you should be able to find out what's what.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

Zooming is normally done by spreading on the screen.  Just touch it with two fingers and draw them apart.  Do be aware that thhis is digital, not optical zooming, so the quality of the image will drop as you do it (as it would when you enlarge a photo in a viewer).   Also, try the volume key.   This can normally be set to control zoom  - whether that option is on or off by default varies.

The camera screen is normally clear when you start, but you should be able to get menus etc up by tapping the screen.   It's also worth downloading the full manual for your device from the Support tab of the Samsung website.  It contains a great deal more than the little Getting Started guide that comes in the box and should tell you everything you may ever want to know (and a lot more besides...)

I am afraid this is my problem. The photo modes that are available (beauty face, auto and panorama) do not allow zoom (error message: cannot zoom in or out in this mode) but as the settings cog is missing from the corner of the screen I cannot choose another mode which does allow it. This is very frustrating as having 2 young children, I have used this a lot with my other samsung devices 😞

hrym

I'm not familiar with the S5, but there must be another method of getting into the settings.   However, I'd also assume that it defaults to opening in "normal" mode?  If you download the full manual, you should be able to find out what's what.

@AmandaWilkes wrote:
I am afraid this is my problem. The photo modes that are available (beauty face, auto and panorama) do not allow zoom (error message: cannot zoom in or out in this mode) but as the settings cog is missing from the corner of the screen I cannot choose another mode which does allow it. This is very frustrating as having 2 young children, I have used this a lot with my other samsung devices 😞

Ok when i click the camera symbol it goes to the last mode it was on

now at the botton there should be a mode press that and pic auto

Zoom does not work on the panararma option or the beauty face

but my cog still shows on the top left

If you don't have the Auto mode or a Mode button then you will have to do a Factory wipe

this will reinstall all the factory apps