Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S6 Back Button Randomly Presses

rodkort
4: Newbie

Hi,

In the last 3-4 weeks my S6 has developed an annoying fault, the back button will randomly press itself.

I've searched on the internet and tried the *#2663# solution, which got rid of the problem for about 5 days, but it has returned again.

Anyone else had a similar problem with the S6, and if so did you manage to fix it?

Have had the phone since November 2015, has not had any water damage or been dropped, and is in a Spigen case.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If this was my phone I'd first try a soft reboot by turning it off and on and if no joy back up and factory reset. 

Do you have a case or screen shield attached. If so remove to see if it still happens. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Have tried the soft reboot and removing the case but didn't fix it. Doesn't have a screen shield attached.

Will go for the factory reset next and see how that goes.

Thanks for the response.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

If the factory reset does not help and check no firmware updates are pending and for not I'd acquired through Vodafone they can send it off to be looked at or ask a Samsung services centre to look at it if you have one local. 

Current Phone  >

Hi @rodkort

Have you tried a factory reset yet? 

If so, has this offered any improvement? 

Sarah

Did a factory reset yesterday, seemed OK but this morning there were a couple of random back button presses while reading the news.

Will see if it gets any worse again.

BandOfBrothers

:Sad_face:

I hope this settles for you. 

If not then please do take advantage of the 24 month warranty. 

Current Phone  >