Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 EDGE UPDATE

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
Hi, when the update does come from Vodafone is it safe to download over mobile data as long as phone is fully charged and I have 1.3 gig of data as I don't have wifi and I will be impatient to wait any longer when it arrives or can I damage my phone not using wifi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. You can use mobile data, the problems you could have though could be the size of the update, it will be large and could use all/lots of your monthly allowance. Also if you are in an area of low data speed it could take a long time to download. Another thing to consider is if the data signal was to drop then the file may not download fully or correctly.

WiFi would be the best option in my opinion.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
Hi. You can use mobile data, the problems you could have though could be the size of the update, it will be large and could use all/lots of your monthly allowance. Also if you are in an area of low data speed it could take a long time to download. Another thing to consider is if the data signal was to drop then the file may not download fully or correctly.

WiFi would be the best option in my opinion.

SKYMAN513
Thanks.what sort of problems could I encounter anytime terminal the data speeds are OK but I was thinking of using 3g it's not as fast but it seems more stable were I am

SKYMAN513
sorry anytime it anything club thumb

63johnw
Hi. It's hard to say what could happen, but as I said WiFi would be best. Hope all goes well if you decide on the mobile data option.

BandOfBrothers

@SKYMAN513

From what I've read the Nougat Update is just over 1Gb in File size so using your Vodafone data allowance could exhaust this or even take you over and cost you. 

Updating your firmware over mobile data is no different to using wifi. It just stops you having to burn through your data allowance. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.