Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 EDGE UPDATES AND SUPPORT

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
hi I'm jumping the gun a bit here but I was wandering will we eventually get nougat 7.1 further down the line or will this be the last update (7.0) also I am asking these as I have only just got my s7 edge and was wandering how long it will be supported for
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Usually a flagship phone is supported for at least 24 months and then some. 

Yes in my opinion the s7 edge will get 7.1 when it's ready for release and quite a few more after that. Msybe even the next major update whatever they decide to call it starting with O. My guess is Oreo. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Usually a flagship phone is supported for at least 24 months and then some. 

Yes in my opinion the s7 edge will get 7.1 when it's ready for release and quite a few more after that. Msybe even the next major update whatever they decide to call it starting with O. My guess is Oreo. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SKYMAN513
really appreciate your knowledge thanks again

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
7.1 was released months ago they are now beta testing 7.2 on some phones now but not on any of the Samsung phones unfortunately. Even the new S8 and S8+ will be released with 7.0 and not 7.1. At the moment Samsung seems to be falling a bit behind other manufacturers in releasing there updates even there security patches are in some cases a month or 2 behind everyone else. Personally l can't see Samsung releasing 7.1 before the end of this year but l may be wrong that's just my opinion.

:robotmad:

Stevie1
Some more info this time on 7.1.2 source the devlabs

https://devs-lab.com/google-starts-rolling-android-7-1-2-nougat-beta-2-eligible-devices.html

:robotmad:

SKYMAN513
Thanks Stevie 1