Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 Edge WiFi Calling

joycircuit
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone S7 Edge bought early October, but no WiFi Caling option ever appeared even though the feature is enabled on my account. 191 customer support was clueless to say the least.

Following OTA monthly security updates applied in order:

G935FXXU1BPH6 August

G935FXXS1BPI8 September

G935FXXS1BPJ1 October

Factory resets to phone as advised by Vodafone, temporarily taking SIM out to another handset and back made no difference.

New security update for November released the last few days or so G935FXXS1BPK1, but still no option available. However taking SIM out to another handset and back again this time...WORKED!!

I now have the WiFi Calling opton listed under Phone settings (below Vibrate) at last. Will test on Tube tomorrow.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

That's great it's appeared. 

Was the Samsung phone supplied directly by Vodafone may I ask ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Phone was purchased from a Vodafone store.

BandOfBrothers

Thank you. 

Just checking as units supplied by independents or bought from Samsung etc are not at the moment supposed to get Calling over WiFi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Confirmed Vodafone WiFi Calling is now displayed when cellular network strength is weak. Using VodafoneWiFi on the Tube am able to make calls.now.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@joycircuit We're delighted to hear this! 

Thank you for keeping us updated :Smiling:

lostboyuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Works perfect here on december 2016 update on a rooted non vodafone s7 edge...mines the international version bought off contract..non locked..all I found you had to do was log into my vodafone in the extras and make sure you have wifi calling on,also make sure its turned on in phone/more...wifi calling..obviously wifi calling only works when you have no phone signal or a very weak one..the symbol appears next to wifi symbol up top and in your notifications...takes about an hour to be enabled by vodafone...but it works 100%..never had problems with anything vodafone..always top notch imo.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lostboyuk Thank you for your input :Smiling: We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying our service. 

Have a great day! 

A2a
4: Newbie

Today I received a text from Vodafone offering this service.

Coincidentally I upgraded my software on the device last night - and now have the following version: G935FXXU1BPLB / G9335FVFG1BPK3 / G935FXXU1BPK6

I've had a look in 'Phone > Settings > More' but don't have the option for Wi-Fi calling?

The text message fro Vodafone is saying to text 93555, is it a case of once it's enabled on your account the option will show on the device?

It's appeared now...

I did try a few things so not sure what fixed it, but it was:

1) text vodafone back to ask for the service to be enabled

2) restart phone

3) turn phone off, take sim card out (not putting it into another phone) and reinsert. Switch phone back on.

4) checked in phone dialler application serttings, and it was at the very bottom.

Here's to giving a go now :Smiling: