Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 edge update Samsung pay

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

A couple of weeks back we had the security update from Feb to June 

(I wonder what happened to March April and May)

I have just been trying to clean my phone as I believed it's not good using all your internal memory

So as I don't use Samsung pay and couldn't if I wanted to 

(My bank as issues with customers using it)

So I went to uninstall it only to find it's been cooked in so it's there and staying  there

But if you go on the galaxy apps page there are endless reviews about customers being forced to accept apps and pleading with Samsung not to force apps on us just give us the option to try it and if we don't like it let us uninstall it and save precious space on the device as the micro soft app files are huge and that's without any data being put in.

Can any one explain why

1 they don't seem to listen to customers 

2 why are they installed in a way they can not be deleted 

3 and is there dollars involved ie Microsoft saying well give you so many million if you put these apps on your devices (I'm just trying to understand the reasoning for not listening to customers about bloat

4 and surely Vodafone could have some clout here being the massive company they are and shift a lot of Samsung products.

I understand things like GOOGLE PLAY SERVICE'S 

Of which is a data hog but needed for the device to function with Google products 

But the micro soft ones and Samsung pay are not necessary for your device to function 

And On  top of that the micro soft apps are being updated every 10 to 14 days and each one is between 50 and 150 mb each app X5 and as I don't have WiFi it's a huge chunk of data out of your allowance for apps you can't use 

If an update comes in the middle of your data allowance and your trying to save every mega byte you can not use the app until it is updated

It just confuses me as I thought these were our devices 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

It does appear you've had your fair share of issues with your phone @SKYMAN513

Weird that my phone allows the uninstall option for Samsung Pay and your version does not. 

I'm not convinced that all the issues experienced are all down to the fact that it's a network supplied handset. 

I buy my phones Sim Free Factory Unlocked because....

• I then do not have to go through the Networks criteria to Unlock it to all networks. 
  • It has No Network Bloatware / App's on it. 
  • It does not have the Networks Firmware Version on it. 
  • I'm not reliant on the Network signing off on new firmware updates before Samsung are permitted to pushed it out. 

Disposable income is a factor as these phones are typically £600+. 

I expect the Note 8 due out soon in August to be between £800 - £900.

Personally I save a set amount each month in a high interest Account over the year and sell on my previous phone to help fund my next purchase. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

There has been a few services or apps that's pushed by Samsung which either can be deleted which is fine or force stopped and disabled. 

Apple do the same even after lots if feedback. In fact you can soft delete a baked in app but in reality it's still there. 

Samsung push out such things that are sometimes connected to other features / services in the phone so deleting them could affect other services. 

Samsung push out updates every quarter or so I believe which is why an update isn't available every month which is a subject I believe we've engaged on before. 

When Samsung are ready to push out an update then for network supplied phones they'll send it to Vodafone first for testing to ensure it does not clash with current features on the phone such as their current network apps and that it does not clash with any network services and thus once signed off and sent back by Vodafone Samsung will then allow it's launch. 

I have more control over my Samsung Galaxy s8 as it's directly from Samsung so has the Btu CsC Code on but ones supplied by Vodafone have their own CsC Code on and accompanied version of firmware so you'll get what the network signs off on. 

Current Phone  >

I've just checked on my s8 and Samsung Pay can be uninstalled. 

Screenshot_20170722-131354.png

Current Phone  >

No I double checked before I posted I'll post shot at the bottom 

In future I'm gonna open another account so I can buy one sim free as it seems you have more control and from all the reading I've done it does seem unbranded devices have less issues

Thanks

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

It does appear you've had your fair share of issues with your phone @SKYMAN513

Weird that my phone allows the uninstall option for Samsung Pay and your version does not. 

I'm not convinced that all the issues experienced are all down to the fact that it's a network supplied handset. 

I buy my phones Sim Free Factory Unlocked because....

• I then do not have to go through the Networks criteria to Unlock it to all networks. 
  • It has No Network Bloatware / App's on it. 
  • It does not have the Networks Firmware Version on it. 
  • I'm not reliant on the Network signing off on new firmware updates before Samsung are permitted to pushed it out. 

Disposable income is a factor as these phones are typically £600+. 

I expect the Note 8 due out soon in August to be between £800 - £900.

Personally I save a set amount each month in a high interest Account over the year and sell on my previous phone to help fund my next purchase. 

Current Phone  >

No I agree,it all started when I downloaded nougat and it failed to install fully and could only navigate using 2 fingers and since I got it back it has never been the same.

And as the issues are not there all the time I don't fancy taking the risk to send it off for repair again for them to say there's nothing wrong and the only out come is it comes back even worse

I also tried Samsung as I heard good things 

It took them 3 weeks to come back to me and tell me to factory reset 

The thread is on the forum you use 

And then I got a remote booking and spent nearly 2 hours trying to resolve first

but the remote booking never came and I got an email 2 days later saying they need more info but all the info was at the bottom of the message as I had already sent them 2 

I stopped worrying about it as much as I was just wasting time 

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

After Samsung pay installed itself on my phone which really rubbed me up the wrong way 

As I wasn't even warned in the download notes on the latest updates about it

and as 3 months of security updates were missing I have no faith in Samsung at the moment and Vodafone for not mentioning the Samsung pay will be cooked in.

But now I am being hounded up to 5 times a day via notification to activate it 

And On top of that I've got Vodafone start giving me notifications to activate that but that was a few weeks ago so just to stop the notifications I started the app and then left it alone as it as nothing I want or need in there 

And then yesterday it activated itself and now my device as gone berserk again 

I already had issues but they were manageable 

Now before I carry on I'm not a conspiracy theorist 

But the way these apps are practicay forcing you to use them and I believe it's so they can monitor what your doing or data mining.

I have nothing to hide and if I did I wouldn't be using a contract phone to do so 

But that brings me to my last post since the Vodafone start app popped up on my screen I've not been able to use Google assistant although in Google settings it's still there.

every time I get my device working to an acceptable level something comes along and disrupts it from working

I know people disagree that I believed branded phones suffer the most problems but that is only on this forum 

Other forums that have no affiliates to Vodafone agree that branding the phones software does affect the way the device functions.

The way I see it is Google do there bit then it goes to Samsung then to Vodafone with Samsung and Vodafone adding there add ons

and I believe that is why people are getting tired of waiting for security updates missing out sometimes 3 to 4 months of security updates when phones are more vulnerable than ever

according to a Google statement this morning and if you follow it through and see how many apps get through with hidden agendas the latest one being 300 apps granting themselves administrative rights and then being able to remove the app logo from the said page so it can track your inputs 

And now I'm being forced to activate Samsung pay of which you can not uninstall nor can you disable it so when you turn the notifications off it switches itself back on

(Screen shot below)

So I am being forced to put my device at risk of an app that I have no use for 

I don't expect to get a response to this as it rattles the cage to much 

Yet some one replied to my post earlier and they can uninstall the app but there device is unbranded 

Sorry for the rant but I'm entitled to my opinion and that's all it is 

Thanks for the tip about an high interest account I wasn't aware you could do for a relatively short time and earn interest 

It's some thing I'm definitely going to look into as that could come in usefull for all sorts of things (A hand made acoustic guitar)

It's still strange how you can delete Samsung pay and I can't even disable it let alone uninstall it 

The only reason must be your device is unbranded

Screen shot below