Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SD Card not recognised Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

JosephTeency
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had a Smart Ultra 6 for about a year. I mounted a small (2gb) SD card which worked without problem for some time.

It is not now showing up in the phones file manager and appears to not be detected.

I have re formatted the card and changed it for a different one so am sure that is not defective,

When plugged into the laptop the card is not showing up.

Does anyone have a solution short of doing a hard or factory reset.

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It does sound like a fault, and possibly hardware.   A factory reset would be part of any repair, so it won't hurt to try that yourself - make sure you've backed up your content first.  Remove the card as the process sometimes formats them.

Do you have a card reader so that you can check the card directly in a PC?  My first thought was that it could be a card fault, but if it happens with two different ones, that's less likely.  What size is the second card you tried? - some phones have trouble with ones larger than 32gb, so it's worth eliminating that possibility.

If you can check the card in a PC, try formatting it there too, just in case that gets it recognised.  If all this fails, I think a repair is the route to take.   Your phone has a two year guarantee (you'll need proof of purchase).