Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsun S7 Edge not ringing

fuzed
4: Newbie

I've got a s7 edge, have had for a few months, I've had a number of occasions now where the phone does not ring at all when I've had incoming calls.

The other half has messaged me to say she's called and the phones rang, but I've not answered, but the phone hasn't rung at all, no missed calls etc.  she did this around 3/4 times this morning.

I restarted the phone and it was fine after that.

Its updated to the most recent firmware, no call blocking etc is enabled, phone is standard.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you play around with the various ringtones available in settings just to check. 

If a soft reset isn't curing the issue and your settings and ring volume in settings and via any rocker switch volume switch is fine then try a factory reset after crating a back up as this process typically deletes your information. 

If no joy then see if a Samsung shop or Samsung service centre is near you or try Samsung Uk Support. 

Links. 

Samsung Service Centre.

Samsung Uk Support.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I do not think its anything to do with ringtones, as there are NO missed calls on screen at all.

It's rining now after a reboot, so wont be able to check until it goes wrong again.

The phones just come back from samsung to replace the screen as it had the pink line issue, so it was updated with the newest firmware and I made them aware of this issue as well.

hrym

If you're not getting missed calls, it sounds as though the call isn't getting through to the network.

Two questions:

1. Do you have voicemail set up and does the call get diverted to that?

2. Does this happen with any other caller, or just the one?

It's also possible that you're out of coverage and that the call isn't reaching the handset.   That would explain the lack of missed calls there.   However, I thought you got a notification from Vodafone in those circumstances once you're back on the network.

I have voicemail setup, and it could be a coverage area issue, but I would have thought if this was the case it would redirect the calls to my voicemail.

In relation to other calls, I'm not sure, as it is very intermittent, I did have issues when I had my HTC One M8 where the phone would drop the call and tell the caller that my number did not exist, this was due to the 4g network not disconnecting when calls were coming in.

I've installed voda wifi calling now, so hoping when I'm at home this doesn't occur anymore.

Hi @fuzed,

Since you've installed WiFi Calling have you noticed any improvement?

Thanks,

Sarah

so far not had any issues, so could have been reception issues, but the fact that the phone rang at the other end and not mine is a weird one.

That does sound strange, and I think you're right that this is most likely down to the reception in your area.

If you find that you begin to have issues again, please follow the steps on our Network Troubleshooting Guide.

Thanks,

Sarah

I will do, I just found it strange that it didn't go to voicemail and instead just rang and rang an rang.

BandOfBrothers

Something does sound amiss if all is initially ok after a reboot. 

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. Also if you can try another Sim Card in your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.