Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Robby1081
4: Newbie

What is the official line from Vodafone on this?. Had the initial handset and the replacement, neither of which have had any issues and have been the best phone I've owned.

Media reports state to turn off the handset and return it, although given the abysmal customer service on the first recall by Vodafone, I'd like an official answer rather than the 5 or 6 different ones I seem to get everytime I call

71 REPLIES 71

OMGLALALA
How did the swap go ?

Mattjd1986
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Just called in got told to send the phone back then call back in and order my iPhone they tried to fob me off with a s7 a year old phone!
Then im told I will have to wait 3-4 weeks for the iPhone on top of that I will have to take a memory downgrade to 32 gig as the 120 gig iPhone is 70 quid a month. I then asked if I can do the exchange in a Vodafone store to save all this time calling up and the lady said no because I ordered my note7 over the phone it's a different systems surly to god if it's the same company there shouldn't be a problem

I'm meant to be getting a returns bag, however yesterday I got an email from Vodafone thanking me for returning my device and they were checking it.. I haven't sent it off yet...

The other thing to mention is delivery companies are lining up to reject any deliveries to do with the Note 7, so not sure if when I attempt to send it back whether it will be rejected outright. Not sure why Vodafone can't just accept the returns through the stores and then deal with them on the back end at the warehouse

hgt155

Same story here. I have 2 Note 7's, one is the original and one was exchanged. My wife and I waited 10 months out of contract for the Note 7, so to be offered a S7 Edge, a phone we could of had 7 months ago isn't really a good deal.

The only other "deal" was go on a rolling sim only deal (something I can't do without buying a new phone as we gave our old phones away) or we could cancel. No exceptional circumstance deals, no temporary phones, nothing.

I will be waiting for Samsung to return with a monster new phone, probably the S8 but it looks like I won't be doing it with Voda as there is nothing Voda want to do to retain my 2 contracts.

So I'll buy a couple of cheap PAYG (Lenovo or equivalent) phones to tide me over until March then get the Samsung comeback with whichever provider wants my 2 contracts. 6 Years with Voda, shame it ends like this :Sad_face:

So, 5 days later still waiting for the returns pack.. Looks like I might have to roll the roulette wheel again and see how many turns it takes for me to talk to someone at Vodafone that knows what they are talking about.

I don't understand why I cannot just take it to a store and hand it back. I've already changed to a Sim only contract, as didn't fancy going for the Iphone and no other phone is a viable alternative.

Hi @Robby1081

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this sorted.

Regards, 

Meg-B

I was able to go into my local store, the manager was aware and quite helpful, she did a 'feast' return which apparently every store has had information explaining how to work around the 'phone order'. I was able to drop down to the 20GB sim only data and apply my VEA discount. My mrs on the other hand went into her local store and they refused to accept it, so I'm having to take her to the store local to me to sort it, 

It's so stupid but it's hit and miss with the stores.

well, still no returns envelope, no phone call, no private message from anyone on these boards and lastly my local store refused to help me and said i would be contacted.

might just keep the phone now or sell it on ebay.

Retired-Meg-B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @neilp2

I'm sending you a private message to help with this.

Regards, 

Meg-B

jaygrim

So the tech team girl sent me a PM asking if she could help and gave me the chance to email someone in the know. ##~## they sent me a link that they keep sending on here and told me to ring 191. You couldn't make this ##~## up.

Moderator note, please refer to our Community Guidelines.