Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with no SIM

johnoooo
4: Newbie

I have a Galaxy S4 with no SIM

What is the cheapest way of getting it connected to work as a phone/Internet/E mail?

After connection what are the charges for Internet/E mail usage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @johnoooo

Freebies are a bundle purchased with PAYG credit, the difference is you get to keep the credit to use as you would like.

If you are going to be using email on the phone, you would probably be better off choosing a Data Freebee for your email use.  Without a data allowance, Vodafone will charge £2.00 per day out of bundle charges for your data access.

The other alternartive would be a Big Value Bundle where you receive a call, text and data allowance.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

63johnw
Hi. Depends if you want PAYG or a monthly sim only deal?

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Just to ask is the phone unlocked to all networks or locked to Vodafone UK so it'll accept the networks sim card ?

Payg is a good option. 

The Big Value Bundle options and freebie options are in the following link. 

I'd suggest to look at the Big Value Bundle options. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

The S4 mini is, if I recall, quite a cut-down version and you may find it struggles for resources in the face of apps as they are now - depending on how much you want to throw at it, of course.   For that reason, I'd suggest PAYG in the first instance, just to make sure it does what you want it to.

@hrym wrote:

The S4 mini is, if I recall, quite a cut-down version and you may find it struggles for resources in the face of apps as they are now - depending on how much you want to throw at it, of course.   For that reason, I'd suggest PAYG in the first instance, just to make sure it does what you want it to.

Thanks to you all

Thinh I'll go to PAYG

Does this mean there is no end date on usage?

Also what does it cost to to send a e mail/look at a web site?

Sorry I have little knowledge about these new phones!!

BandOfBrothers

On a big value bundle the allowances last 30 days and don't roll over. 

On your refresh date you'd need to ensure you had topped up. 

There isn't a charge for looking at your emails or swmding one or accessing the Internet. Your usage is deducted from your data allowance in your bundle. 

You can monitor this via the myvodafone app and myvodafone online option. 

Some phones have inbuilt data monitors or options can be downloaded from Google play. 

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

On a big value bundle the allowances last 30 days and don't roll over. 

On your refresh date you'd need to ensure you had topped up. 

There isn't a charge for looking at your emails or swmding one or accessing the Internet. Your usage is deducted from your data allowance in your bundle. 

You can monitor this via the myvodafone app and myvodafone online option. 

Some phones have inbuilt data monitors or options can be downloaded from Google play. 

OK, but for a normal PAYG does this run out after 30 days or does it just continue until you have used the money?

BandOfBrothers

You pay for a top up by voucher etc and then that credit is taken to pay for the big value allowances which last 30 days. 

The other option is the freebie tariff where again you top up and get allowances that last 30 days but the difference with this tariff is you keep your topped up credit to use if you exhaust your allowances. 

If you pop pop into a Vodafone store they'll go through it with you. 

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

You pay for a top up by voucher etc and then that credit is taken to pay for the big value allowances which last 30 days. 

The other option is the freebie tariff where again you top up and get allowances that last 30 days but the difference with this tariff is you keep your topped up credit to use if you exhaust your allowances. 

If you pop pop into a Vodafone store they'll go through it with you. 

I will go to the store

BUT

Is there not an option where i can buy a PAYG amount, say £10, & this lasts until it's run out?

Reason I ask is that |I'm a very light phone user & £10 would last we about 6 months!

AnnS

Hi @johnoooo

If you are only a light user, there is no reason for you having to purchase a monthly bundle.  PAYG credit does not expire and providing you keep the SIM active with regular chargeable activity, your top up will last a long time.

If you are going to consider purchasing a bundle, you would probably be better off with one of the Freebees where you get a data or calling allowance which lastsfor 30 days, plus get to keep the added credit to use as you wish.

If you look at the choice of Freebees below, you have quite a choice and you might as well have something for free to go with your top up.

Freebees

There is further information of PAYG call charges below.

Support - Call Charges

Hope the above helps answers your questions.