Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S6 Android 7.0 Nougat Update

davides
3: Seeker
When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat, I've heard Vodafone S6 models were going to be the 1st to receive the update in the UK and that was said like a month ago already, but still no sign of it on my phone. Has someone else already received the Nougat update on their S6 and how can I know when I will receive it on my phone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @davides

You're Welcome.  :Smiling:

A BTU CsC Codd isn't a Vodafone variant. 

You own a sim free samsung phone as BTU is Samsungs code not Vodafones. 

The vodafone bit is just because you have a Vodafone SIM card inserted at the moment. 

You should see no bloat ware on the phone such as a Vodafone splash screen when turning it on or any Vodafone apps when you very first got it and turned it on 

Carphone Warehouse basically marry up the network sim and an unlocked phone , the exception being an iPhone which locks to the first sim inserted. 

Your phone should accept any Networks SIM card. 

Your Nougat Update will be sent out by Samsung with no changes made to it by Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Check in your settings and software update section. 

Was your phone supplied by Vodafone directly or did you buy it sim free factory unlocked. I ask as the sim free variants can receive the update quicker sometimes. 

I'm usingthe s7 edge which is now on Nougat which I received from Samsung as mine is factory unlocked. 

Firmware is sent out in waves/ batches according to your phones csc and serial number. 

Tip > 

Make sure you have enough internal memory to allow the update. A couple of Gb's should be enough. And create a Back up before carrying out the update preferably while on WiFi. Shut all your apps down too to free up enough ram and resources. This gives the phone the best chance to complete the update successfully. 

Current Phone  >

davides
I bought my device from Vodafone on a contract, through Carphone Warehouse and I was so happy when I read that Vodaphone S6 models were set to receive the update first in the UK, around the beginning of March it was said. I guess I would have to wait but I was just so encouraged and happy when I read that and I couldn't believe my luck at having a Vodafone S6 model. I hope it arrives soon...

BandOfBrothers

Hi

If Cpw supplied the phone then theirs a good chance that it is not branded. If you download an app from the playstore called PhoneInfo and check what your csc code is you may find it's the XEU variant which isn't a Vodafone brand so Samsung themselves send you the update. 

Current Phone  >

davides
Thanks, I just downloaded the app and checked my CSC code and my phone has the BTU code, which says it's from Vodafone. Does that mean I'll have to wait more?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @davides

You're Welcome.  :Smiling:

A BTU CsC Codd isn't a Vodafone variant. 

You own a sim free samsung phone as BTU is Samsungs code not Vodafones. 

The vodafone bit is just because you have a Vodafone SIM card inserted at the moment. 

You should see no bloat ware on the phone such as a Vodafone splash screen when turning it on or any Vodafone apps when you very first got it and turned it on 

Carphone Warehouse basically marry up the network sim and an unlocked phone , the exception being an iPhone which locks to the first sim inserted. 

Your phone should accept any Networks SIM card. 

Your Nougat Update will be sent out by Samsung with no changes made to it by Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Hey, just found this thread on Google as I'm wondering if/when I'll get Nougat on my S6 Edge+, my CSC is VOD, so should I have received Nougat yet?

Thansk

Can we use a https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder in the Samsung Galaxy S6?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vondes We can't provide any advice about 3rd party apps such as the Mobile phone tracker.

nav9t8
I got my s6 edge software update on the 11 march