Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Nougat Update

jameswells111
3: Seeker

When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ recieive the Nougat Update, it has been so long. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jameswells111

I understand the frustration that you maybe feeling over this. 

It seemed like an age when waiting for Nougat on my s7 edge. 

From different places I visit online the info seems to lead to that the s6 phones would be the last ones to receive Nougat. 

Was your phone supplied by Vodafone on a contract or did you buy it from Samsung.

If Vodafone then they will need to thoroughly test Nougat on the s6 phones to ensure nothing conflicts, then sign it off and send it back to Samsung to be pushed out in waves usually determined by the phones serial number. 

If Samsung then they send it out directly. 

For various reasons Vodafone will not comment on Firmware Updates as per their Firmware Statement, so the best practice is to keep checking the phones Software Section. 

I hope you receive the Update soon. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The service on the update for nougat is shocking. waiting so long i believ its just a ploy to get people to upgrade their phones sooner just to recieve a software update and new features.

Vodafone sort this out. the update was realease to you ages ago

spj_uk

Got my upgrade this morning. Now Wifi calling actually is a thing. Vodafone kept saying it was activated on my account and kept referring me to a non-existent switch to turn it on. However this morning to my surprise it now works and I can throw out the Sure Signal