Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge heating up and unresponsive

3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. I have had two handsets from Vodafone so far.

After two days of usage, the phone heats up and becomes unresponsive, black screen, sometimes some keys flashing up, sometimes not. Leave it for couple of hours and it comes back. Starting with battery 100% in the morning, down to 30% by 2 pm.

When I call Vodafone, they don't want to listen and offer solution, just 'we will send you a new handset' (still within first 30 days of my contract).

I want a solution. How many phones do I have to go through?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi. I tried to do the router thing, but when I thought I switched off wifi on all the devices the router light was still blinking, so unable to perform that check.

I was using mobile network all day today.

Came home, switched on wifi and switched back all the syncing. Working fine at the moment.

As the episode was happening every time I got to work, around 9/10am, I am thinking maybe some syncing is scheduled for that time. Or there is that setting 'synch every time you connect to wifi'.

I will check what's happening tomorrow (working from home) and then again on Monday in the office. I will keep you updated.

BTW what is system client?

I am using gmail only at them moment, but will need to connect other accounts (hotmail and outlook) once this problem is sorted.

View solution in original position

33 REPLIES 33

Hi guys.

So it is official.

It is the syncing issue on WiFi.

Only on WIFi at work though, not at home.

Last week syncing was ON, battery and responsiveness problems- not alleviated by keeping the phone plugged on charge unfortunately. I even got a short message on my screen that there was some issue with syncing (something on the lines of 'To many deleted items' - as I was cleaning my inbox of unwanted emails) - so probably something to do with Gmail?

Today syncing OFF, connected to WiFi at work - no issues.

I will be very curious to try otheer WiFi networks around London.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@1234567890 Thanks for keeping us updated. If you do have any further issues, please let us know.

This is my battery usage today, picture attached. 14% as compared to 50% yesterday.

DK_1000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I had similar problem with battery and phone getting hot. Discovered Mediaserver was using all the battery. Turned off google drive photo back up and no more issues with mediaserver.