Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung J3 (2016)

Udders
2: Seeker
As I upgrade on Friday I'm looking at the new Samsung j3, bit I've noticed it's £24 a month, but I've looked around and all the other networks are offering it out at £12-£14, for the same type of contract?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Different networks can and will probably offer other tariffs / handset upfront charges to tempted you to go with them. 

Near your upgrade date ring 191 and ask for the Retention Department and they maybe able to offer a deal to remain with Vodafone. 

Options such as upgrading through Carphone Warehouse are viable but make sure they 100% upgrade your contract and not take out a 2nd line. 

Also some discounts such as employers VEA are not available if you do not upgrade directly with Vodafone. 

Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Different networks can and will probably offer other tariffs / handset upfront charges to tempted you to go with them. 

Near your upgrade date ring 191 and ask for the Retention Department and they maybe able to offer a deal to remain with Vodafone. 

Options such as upgrading through Carphone Warehouse are viable but make sure they 100% upgrade your contract and not take out a 2nd line. 

Also some discounts such as employers VEA are not available if you do not upgrade directly with Vodafone. 

Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this this.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Udders

The J3 is selling for £130.00 on PAYG.  You can buy the phone from a third party for slighty more with the option of a J5 SIM free and unlocked.

You may be better off purchasing the phone outright and go SIM free.

This will save you a lot of money and the phone will be your property from the start.  Vodafone are offering discounts on some SIM only deals at the moment which end soon.

SIM only

If you want a full contract, give Upgrades a call and tell them what you want.

Udders
Thanks for the reply I'll try that.

Bit I've looked and the other networks aren't asking for an upfront charge for the hand set

BandOfBrothers

@Udders wrote:
Thanks for the reply I'll try that.

Bit I've looked and the other networks aren't asking for an upfront charge for the hand set

Hi

It was just an overview on what other Networks do. 

Sometimes when buying on payg a person also has to buy a top up at the same time too. 

Current Phone  >

Udders
I've seen the handset sim free for £119 not £130

Udders
I know and thank you for the info, will try on Friday if not ik off to another network