Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S6

SueRadford06
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Samsung Galaxy S6 has been in the washing machine, any chance of reviving this? Help??

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
The only advice would be to leave it somewhere warm (airing cupboard) for 48 hours to dry out then try it. Don't keep switching on and off.

BandOfBrothers

Remove the sim card and place it in rice. 

The water sensors will likely be tripped voiding warranty. 

Problem maybe that when it dries out it may work but the mother board will likely oxidise causing failures down the line. 

If you don't have mobile phone insurance then look at house insurance or some bank accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. T&c and excess fees would need to be checked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

@BandOfBrothers do you mean SIM or phone in rice 😂

I have used this method before but have also read that it has no effect? I have read of people using the little bags of anhydrous crystals that come in parcels to keep moisture out of the contents.

BandOfBrothers

Hey @63johnw

Remove the SIM card and place it to one side. 

Then place the phone after possibly gently shaking any residue water out of the SIM card slot aperture in rice taking care not to get any rice in the sim slot. 

Rice is well known for helping draw out moisture. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

There are also proprietary bags that make various claims.   One that featrued on Dragons' Den claimed to deal with the motherboard oxidation problem.   Have a look on eBay.   Trouble is, by the time you get it, a lot of the damage may be done, and who keeps these things in stock in case?? :smileyhappy:

BandOfBrothers

I know I veer a little off topic here and my apologies @SueRadford0 but why Samsung didn't apply a water IP rating to the s6 I'll never know. :Sad_face: Costing maybe ?

One of the reasons I opted for the s7 edge. 

From my own experiences once water has hit the internals it's a time bomb ticking away. 

Current Phone  >