cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Mimo2000
12: Established
Ok this is what you need to do..
You have downloaded all btu use all files ap in ap BL in BL etc then select csc btu and Not HOME CSC.
Make sure you have repartion ticked as well this will install BTU and reset your phone to the beginning but when you flash BTU let it start up then boot into recovery and clear cache and factory reset phone this will then change csc code from VOD to BTU.
Your phone then will be like new but no bloatware on there.

asharda83
3: Seeker
Ahh OK, that explains why there's x2 csc files in the btu firmware then! Cool my friend, your help is very much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Mimo2000
Your welcome.. hope all goes well don't forget to back up using smart switch.

Hey mustardtiger82 did you notice if you had wifi calling still?

ethanmackloy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

There is problem on nougat 7.0 related to network band. User cannot download apps from google play in roaming.

If you want to use only look of nougat. Then just download nova launcher prime version for android. It provides best theme for latest android os.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Voda Oz are starting their roll out this week as per their website.

It's a shame UK don't/won't offer similar status updates on rollouts.

Mimo2000
Yeah I been watching that forum.
That's why i flashed btu because vodafone don't keep you informed like they do.

Crafty
5: Helper

It seems O2 phone have started to receive the update, vodafone can't even be bothered to tell their customers what they are doing.... :smileyindifferent:

Petek20303
Hi,

I have a Galaxy S7 which is on a Vodafone contact and was supplied by CPW which has an active CSC code of XEU . Similar to a few previous posts my phone shows no available CSC codes when checking on the phone info app. I have downloaded Odin 3.11.1 and also the latest BTU version of Nougat from Sammobile. From the posts on Sammobile, I am hoping to re flash but keep my existing data and also my XEU CSC code by selecting all the 4 files but using the standard CSC file rather than Home_Csc and not using repartition. I am concerned that due to the available CSC being blank on phone info that this may cause issues, any advice please?

Mimo2000
Never heard that before. But if your phone showing XEU use btu home csc and uncheck repartition. This will keep all settings as they are.

I tentatively flashed my phone to Nougat earlier today and it still works! I wasn't sure whether to use the Home_CSC or just the standard one as the Sammobile site advised to do the latter and untick repartition with my existing XEU firmware. The phone is working fine however I did lose all my data and apps which is no major issue as I have now reinstalled them using Smartswitch. I also booted into recovery mode after installation to clear the cache and did a complete system reinstall again to start from afresh. I still have my existing XEU CSC code also. Thanks for all the advice given on here.