cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
Hopefully you will get it soon it's much better than MM

:robotmad:

97mralig
5: Helper
Haha hopefully. O2 have already released it

Stevie1
So has three and EE looks like Vodafone will be the last one to release it probably when everyone else has 7.1.1

No joke, I just saw that the Nexus 6P (a phone 6 months older than the S7) is receiving a beta of 7.1.2. 

We're still waiting for Vodafone to even acknowledge 7.0 is coming....

Its almost like customers don't matter.

97mralig
Hahahhaa probably

Not only are they the last to release it (even giffgaff beat them to it) they won't even give us any idea of when we might get it, meanwhile we're without two months of security updates because Vodafone can't get their act together. I wonder if they compensate you if your phone gets compromised by a bug fixed in the missing security updates? Somehow I doubt it!

Why Vodafone feel the need to treat their customers with contempt like this I don't know. Regardless it's a very poor attitude to have. No doubt someone from Vodafone will pop up shortly with the statement regarding firmware updates. Its quite sad that thry can't even be bothered to actually answer questions instead of posting links to the same old tripe. 

Stevie1
I agree with everything you say Vodafone should feel ashamed of themselves

97mralig
Totally agree mate. I tweeted them like earlier in the month about it and they said they dont have a specific date set. Like come on. Fair enough but i mean when every other network (even giffgaff) have already given their customers the new update and we haven't got it. Its just a joke.

Stevie1
I it's about time they got there fingers out of there butts and release the update now

Richy_01
4: Newbie
Unlocked XEU S7 hasn't had the update yet. This is over a month since unlocked BTU got Nougat. Have EE S7's got it yet as Sammobile firmware page still reports EE as on 6?

I couldn't be bothered to wait and flashed the BTU firmware to my S7