cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Mimo2000
12: Established
I've been checking out a forum about monthly updates for Vodafone but I don't think its for us😕

Wehaven't even had January's peaches yet :smileysurprised:

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see community guidelines]

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
The only reason l got the January security update is because l flashed android 7 onto my phone myself Samsung have included the January security up as part of the android 7 update though no February update yet

:robotmad:

Mimo2000
Ok Question. I got a unlock code from Vodafone so I can use another sim does this mean if I was to flash btu my csc would change to btu?

Stevie1
Yes you could use another simcard as for you CSC file you don't really need to flash that if you wanted you could just flash the AP file which wouldn't change the CSC file in your phone or you could flash the Home SCS file in the download you get from Samsung it won't change your CSC to BUT your last option is to flash the AP and the other CSC file (not home csc) this will change you to BTU CSC but a word of warning if you choose this option it will completely wipe your phone so make a backup first l had some problems with mine after flashing the other week so l reflashed it with the AP and the BTU CSC then reset my phone up everything is working fine now.
Good luck and hope it works for you

Mimo2000
Thanks stevie I will do that. But what's a good back up programme? Also will I get over the air updates?

Stevie1
I just used the pc version of Samsung smart switch because l used the official android 7 update from sammobile but you can use any back up programme you like such as twrap. As for OTA updated yes you should still recevie them but if not you can download them from sammobile when available and just flash them onto your mobile

Mimo2000
Just a question thou I've been reading up on this forum.
http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Software-Updates/bd-p/update although this is for Australia but does this apply to the uk as well

steveo67
That would be a review for some people but for Vodafone Uk customers its a preview ... lol

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm still waiting for Nougat too.

Although my s7 edge is currently with Cpw having it's screen replaced due to the pink vertical line issue.  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.