cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

So are you saying that there is no chance for the update then? 

@Stevie1 - You can chose to believe your friend that is up to you but you are giving out false information; the update that came out last week is for BTU devices and can be update via OTA aslong as you have the BTU/XEU CSC. Yes you can update it via other means like you state, Samsung Smart Switch being one of the safest methods.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. No one can say that for certain, just keep an eye on your phone and when it's there it will tell you.

BandOfBrothers

I'm reading all types of avenues from people who seem really desperate for the firmware. 

From changing csc code to flashing the phone. 

This can then stop OTA updates, stop Vodafone Calling over WiFi and more importantly trip Knox which can then invalidate the manufacturer warranty. 

My phone csc is Xeu as it is an unlocked supplied phone from The Samsung Experience Store. Those phones supplied by Samsung typically have the Btu csc code which seem to be getting the firmware first. 

For me even if my phone notified me of the update being available now I wouldn't yet as I prefer to see what's being reported by the early adopters. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This is what always annoys me with Samsung. Nothing changed in that regard and it is frustrating. When I have had HTC M8 everything was fairly quickly and straight forward. They even filled their promise of 100days update. I would sincerly change for HTC this year but they have done probably almost everything wrong with HTC U ULTRA. Samsung didn't learn the lesson, plus samsung fireball note 7. Something is really going on with this company!! Annoying...

BandOfBrothers

I submit for some it can be annoying. The Security Updates are more important to me. 

Speaking from someone who's used iPhones from launch of the iPhone 4 model I can say Apple looked to be the better in the past of releasing ios but there were ramifications for some. Some didn't work properly on previous firmwares or certain features were omitted or caused phones to lag and trying to download an update when it had just been released was a nightmare with it taking hours or lagging. 

I much prefer a stage release and more importantly being right and as free of bugs as possible. 

Current Phone  >

HUSSAIN77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Still no update for me. Any luck for any one else? Getting tempted to just install it manually

BandOfBrothers

I'm still waiting and watching. 

I'm using an unbranded s7 edge. 

Current Phone  >

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
If that's the case can you please explain why most of the phones receiving the update are the SM-G935F the universal unbranded S7 Edge which is the one I have if you go onto SamMobile website there is a complete list of phones which the update has been released for there is no release date for Vodafone UK nor EE o2 which both all are still listed as android 6.0.1

:robotmad:

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established
Well I think the reason this time the unbranded version is getting it is because it was part of the beta they ran, I don't know for definite but it makes sense the BTU update comes out first.

Although this hasnt always been the case with Samsung as I remember owning the S4 and Note 4 and both updates came after the network locked handsets had already got it.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.