cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

HUSSAIN77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Basically nobody on this forum has it yet?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@HUSSAIN77 wrote:
Basically nobody on this forum has it yet?

It appears that way. 

However on another a Vodafone UK Customer claims they have it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I posted to Vodafone UK on their facebook page and got no information other than "keep checking the web site".

I bit the bullet and installed the BTU firmware on my handset. I have lost wifi calling but have never used it anyway. The earlier post in this thread mentioned how to get this back if necessary.

For anyone else considering this, installing the BTU with Odin worked fine. I had done a backup but found the phone was all intact after upgrade. All apps and data still working correctly. 

luke90x
4: Newbie
Exactly :Winking_smiley:

patsaf
1: Seeker

This is joke, why cant vodafone just commnet on whether are going to update the S7 edge or continue testing. 

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
No I am not saying you will not get the up date what I am saying is that Samsung has a time line of 3 months after the beta release to sort out any bugs people report before sending out the final version. As for my friend that works for Samsung I rather believe him than most things reported on any websites as he works for Samsung's mobile phone technical devison that is responsible for the development for the updates. So as Samsung released the up date this February you may not get the up date until March

:robotmad:

It is all such a joke. Android community needs to fix it. Google is hyping up the software in the summer everyone is all over it! Then carriers and manufacturers ##~## around for months and updating it only a few months before the google's new release. What a joke?!  HTC already got one, One Plus 3 as well! How they can do that?!

Stevie1
No truer words spoken, here is a bit of other information for you but this will probably get shot down as crap as well Samsung were to bypass android 7 and release 7.1.1 instead but changed there minds and went back to android 7.0 and now the first samsung phone which will receive 7.1.1 will be the new note 8 which is due to be released around April of this year.

:robotmad:

Stevie1

That famous source of science and fact, the Daily Express?